Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TSA's latest brainstorm

I consider a 2" knife to be just as lethal as a screwdriver. Just a different swing for each.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    I consider a 2" knife to be just as lethal as a screwdriver. Just a different swing for each.
    But screwdrivers are allowed in your carry-on, and you don't hear flight and cabin crews expressing any misgivings about that.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    But screwdrivers are allowed in your carry-on, and you don't hear flight and cabin crews expressing any misgivings about that.
    As are knitting needles
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Ah yes, guess Chuck had nothing else for his weekly Sunday press conference. Not like they have a budget crisis to work on.
    Last edited by emshighway; 2013-03-10 at 10:32 PM.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

I mean, my hockey skates have been allowed as a carryon the whole time, and anyone who has seen Happy Gilmore knows that it's rather easy to stab someone with a skate...

In all seriousness I cannot see a legitimate reason to need a knife like that on a commercial aircraft. If you're compelled to bring a seatbelt cutter that's one thing, but why would one need a knife? I've got nothing wrong with carrying one every day, but I'd leave it home when it's time to fly commercial.

Can anyone forsee the airlines going above the TSA in this case and banning knives from their cabin regardless of the TSA's ruling? It seems like they would have that option as private entities. I do know it is still illegal for one to possess a bladed weapon in an airport in Michigan, that's been a source of controversy here since the news broke on the knives.

The one thing that perturbs me about this whole rule change regarding small knifes, golf clubs, etc... is that some drunk may be able to bring a potential weapon onboard an aircraft, but i'm still going to be hassled on sea level about taking pictures of aircraft with a camera? ughh, the sad world we live in nowadays.. (smh)

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway View Post
    The threat is explosives that can be hidden in that 4 oz container. I can do more damage to you with a can of coke than with a 2.36 inch knife. The mindset is different than 2001. The cockpit doors won't be open. Passengers won't be compliant. The Risk Based Screening method used now is based on the threat of a plane being taken down not taken over.
    I just got through security without a hitch with a fresh 6.something oz tube of toothpaste. I wasn't even dressed in my uniform...just street clothes and showed no pilot credentials. It may be an isolated experience, but what a joke...it was in my backpack in the outer pocket for all the world to see.
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Quote Originally Posted by threeholerglory View Post
    I just got through security without a hitch with a fresh 6.something oz tube of toothpaste.
    Terrorist!