Thread: KGRR 3/2/13- Some Special Surprises!

KGRR 3/2/13- Some Special Surprises!

I wasn't originally planning to go out today, but I looked on flightaware and saw there was a DL DC-9-51 inbound from ATL, so of course I HAD to go! Little did I know that it would be a good day out there! Here's what I got:

Devos's new BBJ, formerly owned by the owner of the Miami Dolphins, old rego was N737WH, now N260DV

All I can say is I'm glad I went!!

Nice! Are the DC9s not a frequent visitor at GRR anymore? There used to be a ton at DTW as recently as 2012
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

Yes they used to come everyday from DTW, but that service was switched to an A319/MD88 starting last August. This is the first 9 we've gotten in 6 months, came from Atlanta. Figures, as DL is moving all the 9s there. Last DC-9 flight to DTW is June 9th from ORD. That will be a VERY sad day for me...

Good catches! The BBJ looks good, I had to Goggle "Devos" however. Does the "260" signify anything? I assume the DV is a abbreviation/contraction of Devos.
    Jeremy in Minnesota

My pictures on jp.net

Nice catches Alex.

If I take the flights I've been looking at to go visit my kids in TN, I would fly home through DTW on a DC-9 out of Memphis.....That and THAT alone is the only reason I am considering flying DL on this trip.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Quote Originally Posted by JDANDO View Post
    Good catches! The BBJ looks good, I had to Goggle "Devos" however. Does the "260" signify anything? I assume the DV is a abbreviation/contraction of Devos.
    Sorry about that, Dick DeVos is the co-owner of Amway Corp, which is by far the biggest business in West Michigan. To my knowledge, I don't think the 260 means anything. You assume correctly: a lot of the Amway fleet has a DV in the registration, although there are some of their Gulfstreams with AC, and one with JL.

Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Nice catches Alex.

If I take the flights I've been looking at to go visit my kids in TN, I would fly home through DTW on a DC-9 out of Memphis.....That and THAT alone is the only reason I am considering flying DL on this trip.
    What day are you going? Not sure how much longer the DC-9 will be on that route. Best bet for getting on a 9 at this point is to go to ATL.

Nice shot of the TRS N949AT tail

Nice job Alex, I saw that 737 up for sale on Controller a few months back after seeing her in person at FLL a bunch of times, pretty cool that she'll be a regular visitor in the mitten now.