Thread: DFW: 3/2/13- AA 777-300ER London Inaugural & More!

DFW: 3/2/13- AA 777-300ER London Inaugural & More!

Hello All,

This weekend I decided to trek back up to Dallas again to try and catch a few AA birds that I have yet to see, such as the Astrojet, OneWorld Birds, and New Liveried aircraft. Sadly the Astrojet was delayed until past sunset, but today was still highly successful.

Aparently I have some sort of fated connection with this aircraft, as it seems that I see it every time I catch a China Airlines freighter

My first good-weather shots of the British One World 747-400 was a pleasant surprise, as I had no idea that she had operated the inbound earlier today

DFW was, of course, populated by many narrowbodies this afternoon, none of which were of particular rarity or interest, aside from MD-80s, which I shoot like crazy in light of their upcoming eventual retirement

And lastly, for the star of the show, American's new 777-300ER on her maiden flight to Heathrow. The tower put her on the far runway, but thankfully I was expecting this, and managed to reposition in time

Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed! I think you guys will be getting this beauty at JFK pretty soon, so I expect you guys to catch her from HoBe soon!

Cheers!

Nick

Great catch on the 777, and looks like you had some nice weather as well.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Thank you! Yes, weather here in DFW has been great for this weekend. That 77W does look fantastic in person, both at the gate and in the air. I had the fortune to see 2 of them parked over at the AA ramp in the morning, and in good light, the tail stands out a lot, whether you like it or not...

Nice lighting and processing as always, Nick

Fasil, William, thank you both. I was back out at DFW today to catch the return flight from LHR. I will hopefully edit them tomorrow, if my midterm schedule doesn't get too intense.

Hey Nick the Astrojet looks like its scheduled to come your way @ 12:30pmCST