Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Rule Regarding Member Age

That's a good point, but him being underage creates a liability of him being unsafe in these areas as well, and bringing his unknowing father into the situation as well. My big concern was that he so blatantly showed that he had no intention of following ANY of the advice we gave him, which would surely only create trouble.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    I had an extended interaction with the individual in question, and he seemed hell bent on spotting at EWR. 3 or 4 times I had to try to discourage him since every time that it seemed I had him convinced that it was a bad idea and bad things might happen, something convinced him otherwise. It really didn't take much to make him think that there were places he could go and take pictures for an extended period of time. While I truly appreciated his drive and enthusiasm, he apparently still had some maturity to gain when it came to decision making. I look forward to working with this individual when he either becomes a little older or some sort of an agreement can be worked out with his parents.

And just in case there is still any question about the suitability of planespotting at EWR,
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by mldoc View Post
    It really didn't take much to make him think that there were places he could go and take pictures for an extended period of time.
    So? There are places at EWR you can take pictures for hours. I have done it. Many times.

While I truly appreciated his drive and enthusiasm, he apparently still had some maturity to gain when it came to decision making. I look forward to working with this individual when he either becomes a little older or some sort of an agreement can be worked out with his parents.
    ROFL. So because he didn't cave to the fearmongering here he isn't mature? I actually feel he showed some maturity in ignoring all of you and going back to EWR and enjoying himself in something he seems passionate about.

Leave the kid alone. He poses no threat of "trouble" as Phil put it any more than the kid who camped under the approach lights of 13L at JFK and compromised that spot for us. If only you showed this concern back then huh?
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

13L is another issue that I have different feelings about.

also keep in mind that regardless of the EWR topic, 11 is an age most sites so not allow membership for.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    13L is another issue that I have different feelings about.

also keep in mind that regardless of the EWR topic, 11 is an age most sites so not allow membership for.
    Absolutely Phil, I wasn't taking issue with your policy for site age. Just the way individuals were telling him not to spot at EWR.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Age minimums don't work. Kids can lie about their age usually with the usual age verification techniques on the internet. Maybe if you can set an age range where children under 13 are required to provide a parent's valid email address for verification before becoming active on the forum?
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Jamaica, New York, United States, 111046035586548, Jamaica, New York
    Whats the issue with the approach lights near 13L JFK? I've been there one time along the cargo area near Evergreen and didn't have any issue. Am I missing something? Maybe ill go search for a thread on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabbey View Post
    Whats the issue with the approach lights near 13L JFK? I've been there one time along the cargo area near Evergreen and didn't have any issue. Am I missing something? Maybe ill go search for a thread on this.
    Heres one example

http://nycaviation.com/forum/threads...rgo-plaza-10-1
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Oh FFS not this again.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Yea it's not like they didn't put up cement dividers in the parking lots or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Yea it's not like they didn't put up cement dividers in the parking lots or anything.
    That parking lot was used by Air India Cargo employees. The barriers went up after they moved out of the building and the lot was no longer in use.

Thread is locked. Not having this argument again. :-p