Thread: Jet Blue JFK>LGA today

Jet Blue JFK>LGA today

At the Brooklyn shore this afternoon, a Jet Blue A320 passed overhead and took a strange route over Coney to the VZ Bridge then joined the LGA arrivals for Rwy 22. This flight departed JFK at 12:27 and arrived Rwy 22 LGA at 12:43, 16 min., 78 miles ( flew north past New Rochelle). Was this a special ferry flight?

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    sounds like just a repositioning flight.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

A flight from FLL to LGA diverted to JFK after a gear indication and 2 go-arounds. This ferry flight later was to sub in for the missing a/c.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/J...550Z/KJFK/KLGA
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

Even better was when Corsair took a rare 747 visit to JFK back to EWR for departure.. too cool. Like Up to 1,000', left turn, right turn, join 4R and land...
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

I once flew JFK-LGA on a North American 757, which was a positioning ferry. It was the longest intras-NYC flight I had ever seen, lasting 26 minutes! This was mostly becaue we took off on 31L, made the left turn to go out over the southern edge of Brooklyn, then flew all the way up to CT to get in line for LGA's rwy 22.

I left the office at JFK earlier and went straight home from LGA, which was in College Point at the time. A cross-town 757 commute home? I'll take it!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I forgot to mention the JetBlue flight was #374. Originally, I thought it was a LGA arrival which got lost and went too far east into JFK airspace and was re-positioning for a LGA arrival. These things make spotting so great and keep us on our toes!