Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ikea Security -_-

Ikea Security -_-

Eh...what do you expect? EWR Security peeps chasing people about every second. Same happened to me, obviously.
    I arrived at IKEA to take some pics and do some spotting. Moment I got out of my car with my camera, a US Airways A321 comes to land. So, I take out my camera, and start to film. 5 seconds later, a security officer from Port Authority says to me "Please do not film the planes for security purposes" and I was like -_- So I went upstairs in the cafe and filmed some stuff in the dirty glass :P

DON'T EAT THE MEATBALLS!!!
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

....Why?? They're awesome =P

Why would you go blasting your camera openly in the parking lot at IKEA when you were told here NOT to do it? Ugh...
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Bud, I just started to come on this site. This is like my....2/3rd day here :S
    Now that I have been reading, it looks like IKEA isn't a good place for that.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Why would you go blasting your camera openly in the parking lot at IKEA when you were told here NOT to do it? Ugh...
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Er....ok? :P What's that for?

Quote Originally Posted by CathayA340 View Post
    ....Why?? They're awesome =P
    Like horsemeat much?

Bud, I just started to come on this site. This is like my....2/3rd day here :S
    Now that I have been reading, it looks like IKEA isn't a good place for that.
    Well, this is a free country and you are free to do whatever you want, NO ONE ... not us , not me, not one person can tell what to do... you're old enough to make your own decisions.

However, saying you've only been here 2 or 3 days is the most idiotic excuse you can state. Perhaps the lesson is to slow down a bit, read more, become wiser, then take the leap. What's the rush? You need to slow down... for one, starting a separate thread for every thought you have, isn't going to win you many friends. Take a deep breath and try to read more and collaborate more and participate more rather than jumping at the slightest hormonal impulse.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

..... That's all I can say.

BTW, this section of the forum is for mod happening when spotting, and I shared my experience here. What's wrong with that?

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    for one, starting a separate thread for every thought you have, isn't going to win you many friends. Take a deep breath and try to read more and collaborate more and participate more rather than jumping at the slightest hormonal impulse.

Yea we already have one who does that already. We don't need two. As for the Ikea lot I have shot there many times and lasted all morning by just using my head. Use some common sense and you won't have to post these threads every time you go there.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Going up to the cafe was still a mistake as well as being in the car with the camera. 8 years ago i got kicked out of the IKEA cafe for taking pictures while also was having lunch. 2 sec officers came up to me and i was told that im not allowed to planespot from there and they immedietly asked me to leave the cafe and i had to throw my lunch out. And they followed me outside i guess for them to make sure i leave. I havent spotted from there since. See EWR is not the airport to currently spot at this point. Also i do recall the day i was out by the north parking lot with 5 other spotters a few years ago as PAPD took our memory cards. I spot else where than near the airport. The heck with that. Just slow down with EWR my firend.
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Bud, I just started to come on this site.
    Manny you change your name?

No :/ I just called him that. I don't know why everyone is starting to "gang up" on me, it makes me feel uncomfortable.