Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planespotting at TTN?

Planespotting at TTN?

I doubt it's possible. Can you do planespotting at Trenton Mercer Airport in NJ? I think the schedule is very slow and they barely have any flights. The biggest birds they probably have are around A319's with Frontier Airlines....Thanks!

If you enjoy being treated like a criminal and like lengthy talks with police, sure Let me summarize it like this: plane spotting at any of the major NJ airports (EWR, TTN, ACY, TEB) is going to be more of a hassle than anything. If you are just starting aviation photography, I'd highly recommend practicing at PHL, JFK, BWI, where aviation photography is more widely accepted. At the NJ airports, you will literally have to lay low in your car and only get out of your car to photograph important movements. At PHL, JFK, and BWI, you can casually hang out outside of your car (in approved/normal spots) and take pictures of all planes. At TTN, I can guarantee you will be spotted by a police officer within your first 10 minutes.
    Last edited by Cary; 2013-02-26 at 08:01 PM.
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Cary wasn't TTN where you just had that recent trouble trying to get that new Frontier service

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Cary wasn't TTN where you just had that recent trouble trying to get that new Frontier service
    That it is:
    http://nycaviation.com/forum/threads...port-1-31-2013

Thanks for all the info guys. I live in Middlesex County NJ, so the closest would probably be PHL. I guess I will try EWR first, and if that doesn't work, maybe I'll check out PHL. Thanks =D

Where would be a good spot to plane spot at PHL? If the spot was in Jersey, that would be much better =) Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CathayA340 View Post
    Where would be a good spot to plane spot at PHL? If the spot was in Jersey, that would be much better =) Thanks!
    There is a PHL spotting location in NJ, at Red Bank Battlefield Park, in National Park. You shouldn't have any problems at all there. Just park in the lot, and walk towards the river. Of course, you are across the river from the airport, so the distance is a little greater, but you can get all the 27 arrivals there, without having to venture into PA.

Thank you for the info, Cary! I will check it out =)

BTW, which would you rather spot at? JFK or PHL? I live about in the middle of them two, but PHL is a bit closer to me. Anyways, which would you recommend? Thanks!

BTW, which would you rather spot at? JFK or PHL? I live about in the middle of them two, but PHL is a bit closer to me. Anyways, which would you recommend? Thanks!
    That's a good one. While JFK will get the nod for the BEST spotting airport in the world (some will argue LAX, but, I am biased) if you want US Airways fleet, you're better off at PHL... otherwise, JFK
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Definitely JFK, but do PHL at least once, to get some US Airways like Manny said.

Ok, thanks gonzalu and Cary. Instead, I will actually try to head out to the EWR spot with belly views. If I get caught, I will try next weekend to head out to JFK...and if that doesnt work :P (which it will), I'll go to PHL then. I'll post my spotting experiences here for you guys =)

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    I think the beauty of JFK is that it never seems to get old. There is such a wide variety of airlines operating there that even though you may tire of seeing Delta, AA, and JetBlue, there is still going to be a good mix of international airlines operating as well, in addition to the major carriers "specials". It is well worth the 2 hour or so drive for me from the Hudson Valley.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Thank you for the tips mldoc! I guess I will also try JFK in a few weeks or less. For me, it's a 1 hr 15 min drive to there.

Quote Originally Posted by mldoc View Post
    I think the beauty of JFK is that it never seems to get old. There is such a wide variety of airlines operating there that even though you may tire of seeing Delta, AA, and JetBlue, there is still going to be a good mix of international airlines operating as well, in addition to the major carriers "specials". It is well worth the 2 hour or so drive for me from the Hudson Valley.
    JFK rocks it always has, LAX is second, MIA 3rd, I've never been to Maho beach so I can only imagine.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!