Thread: 2 days in Florida

2 days in Florida

Ok guys, I'm reaching out to the experts here.
    I've got 2 days in March that I will be in south Florida (in/out of West Palm)
    Arriving on a Thursday around noon, departing Saturday morning.
    There is so much spotting I want to do (MIA, OPF, PBI, FLL) but limited time.
    If this was your schedule what would your suggestions be?

Thanks guys!

Honestly - FLL and MIA - with an hour or so at OPF - OPF is quick to shoot - everything is static. Everything at PBI you can get at FLL - and - then of course MIA is a gem on it's own for a day for sure - that would be my recommendation.

Given that - Thursday afternoon at FLL - Friday early morning at OPF with the rest of the day at MIA.
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

what Mark said.
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Pretty much what mark said Pbi Is good because of the roof there and you get the Pilots And stuff when they come in for unloading But if you want A lot of traffic International Planes Jets ect then go to Mia Although Pbi is kind of busy this time of year.

For OPF, make sure you have a car/truck with a STRONG roof (or well supported) and you can pull your car right up to the fence and shoot from the roof of your car. I even got a friendly hello from the security patrol as they drove by... what a GREAT place to spot... in some areas of the field, you can shoot over the fence WITHOUT a ladder or a car. The fence is that low...

I would also join the MIA Spotters Facebook Page and introduce yourself. It will be well worth it when you meet up with one of the great locals other than our own Mark L :-)
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

if anyone is spotting PBI tomorrow I'll be flying the Citation in around noon or so!
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Thanks Manny, appreciate the advice. I will be sans ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    For OPF, make sure you have a car/truck with a STRONG roof (or well supported) and you can pull your car right up to the fence and shoot from the roof of your car. I even got a friendly hello from the security patrol as they drove by... what a GREAT place to spot... in some areas of the field, you can shoot over the fence WITHOUT a ladder or a car. The fence is that low...

I would also join the MIA Spotters Facebook Page and introduce yourself. It will be well worth it when you meet up with one of the great locals other than our own Mark L :-)

Manny,

I've tried every iteration for Miami Spotters (MIA Spotters, Miami Int'l Airport Spotters, Spotting MIA, etc...) and cannot find them. Do you have a link to their facebook group that you could pass along?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post

Manny Gonzalez

Thanks for the link Manny...unfortunately, the group is now closed.

MIA and OPF, that is a total no brainer
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

John I see you made it into the group... enjoy!
    Manny Gonzalez