Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter Storm Nemo

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    this was the aftermath this morning in my building's lot in providence. at that wasn't even the highest drift.

it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Our east in Suffolk its much worse!! Totals up to 32 inches out there!! LIE has been closed since last night and there are cars abandoned everywhere on the LIE, Rt 347 and Rt 25!! I'm hearing that they are mobilizing the ANG to help clear those cars and check to see if anyone still in the cars!! Thats crazy!!
    Chopper 12 went up over the area around 1:15 with great footage including an air-to-air shot of Suffolk 4!!
    And my spotter instincts popped in while watching Gov Cuomo news conference at the Highway Dept facility in Melville!! Mmm, I thought I bet he flew in for this, probably State PD Aviation into FRG!! News conference over I kept my ears and eyes open and sure enough at 2:30 saw State Bell 430 cruising NW in the now pretty blue skies!! Interesting I didnt hear them clear Tower though!!

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    About a foot here in southern Dutchess. CT got slammed though. 2-3 feet in most places with drifts on to of that. My wife is stranded with family there. The town she is in has closed all roads until at least noon tomorrow, and the street they are on hasn't seen a plow since last night. I've heard reports from some family members that some towns are hoping to get 1 lane on most streets cleared today for emergency vehicles and that the roads may to reopen until Monday. Luckily most seem to be taking it in stride.

Oh, and forget Nemo, in CT it's "Blizzard Charlotte." Yet another reason why naming snowstorms is a bad idea.
    Last edited by Landing Lights; 2013-02-09 at 06:07 PM.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Guys comparing their measurements...

Quote Originally Posted by RomNYC View Post
    Guys comparing their measurements...
    LMFAO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mldoc View Post
    Oh, and forget Nemo, in CT it's "Blizzard Charlotte."
    We almost had a blizzard in Charlotte a couple of weeks ago. They were calling for 1 to 2 inches of snow overnight. A number of schools announced the afternoon before that they would be closed. I heard there were some flurries before midnight, but I never saw anything...Snowmageddon averted!

Rejected...backlit. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post

Grateful that heavy rain this morning wasnt snow!! But now with temps in the upper 40s we have some nasty flooding issues from melting snow and the rain and here on Long Island pretty dense fog has rolled in!
    But pitchers and catchers reporting to camp this week so thats a good sign!!

My toddler was going nuts. He loves Finding Nemo and wanted to watch it every time the weather channel mentioned it.
    Timothy LaBranche

See my photos on:
    Timothy LaBranche.com
    Flickr
    JetPhotos.net