Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AA/US post merger fleet

Cool AA/US Post Merger Fleet

AA has placed an order for over 100 Next generation B737s and 42 B787s.
    The B787s will probably replace the older B767s. The A330s will probably be kept
    as they are very hard to find pre-owned so they do have value. AA use
    to have A300s. The US management also has Airbus aircraft so they will stay with Airbus.
    After all it is suppose to be US management while retaining the AA nameplate.
    I believe that the current new AA livery will be it's livery for a very long time. It's
    classy and shows the "New AA".
    Last edited by JeffinMass; 2013-02-13 at 05:21 PM. Reason: ed

America West and TWA were in merger talks back in 2001, and were days or a couple of weeks from the announcement. Then AA announced that they were going to make a go at TWA, and the America West negotiations were dropped.

In an odd turn of events, America West and TWA are going to merge.

Its possible the A330-300 in AA livery will appear at JFK in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by MSN007 View Post
    Its possible the A330-300 in AA livery will appear at JFK in the near future.

Let it appear anywhere, just get that USAirways livery off of it....makes it look horrible. Not sure it would serve JFK....they really only use the A330 out os CLT and PHL.

I'm curious since USAirways likes to do the football team and state flag specials, if we will see more football logo planes since there will be new hubs to represent. Would be nice to finally get a Miami Dolphins logo plane, since after all they are the official airline of the Fins......and a NY State flag logo would be sweet too, since after the merger is complete US/AA will have a pretty sizeable operation out of NY...
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Let it appear anywhere, just get that USAirways livery off of it....makes it look horrible. Not sure it would serve JFK....they really only use the A330 out os CLT and PHL.

I'm curious since USAirways likes to do the football team and state flag specials, if we will see more football logo planes since there will be new hubs to represent. Would be nice to finally get a Miami Dolphins logo plane, since after all they are the official airline of the Fins......and a NY State flag logo would be sweet too, since after the merger is complete US/AA will have a pretty sizeable operation out of NY...
    This is news to me they got the Miami Dolphins plane? Reg anyone?

Doesn't exist now - I think it's wishful thinking to have one....
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

No, they do not have one. I was simply stating that since USAirways had a tendency to paint planes reflecting the football team of the city where their hubs are located, that since that management will be taking over, that maybe since MIA is a hub for american, that they would possibly paint a plane up in their colors...Wishful thinking I know, but I know american was never gonna do it, so hopefully there is a chance that it will happen with the US merger.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

I would say that it will probably be one to three years before this becomes fully integrated. AA has both Airbus and Boeing aircraft on order. many of them including 42 B787s.
    US Airways learned their lesson when they merged with America West.