Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2-3-13 JFK T5 .. YES AGAIN

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    To me, it is less about what "they" can do and more about the effect on other spotters. I feel very strongly that one individual taking adversarial actions against a guard could negatively impact the situation when that guard encounters another spotter. Lets face it for now the rules are extremely vague and those tasked with enforcement seem to be misinformed, but that is what we have to deal with for now. I am hopeful, as I am sure many of you are, that in the future the rules will become more clear and the guards and officers will become more informed. So far, it seems that it is the guard or officer acting inappropriately more often than the spotter in these encounters. That is the way that we should attempt to keep it. I would much rather deal with what we have now then have to deal with a guard that has been crossed in the past and is now out to get us.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

I think there is a big difference between standing up for your true rights and using the actual regulations in a respectful way versus being adversarial. I don't think anyone is saying that we should do what I would consider to be "adversarial".
    Email me anytime at [email protected].