Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JFK 1/31/2013

JFK 1/31/2013

Hello JFK spotters, I am in town and will be camping here for the next three days so if you plan to be out hit me up.

Hey Fasil it looks like the Pink Delta 767 that narrowly eluded me back in September is scheduled to depart around 4:20PM today- in case you don't have that one yet. Sorry I can't meet up with you, good luck

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    I'm off tomorrow 2-1-13 so I was hoping to do some spotting. Right now weather forecast is iffy but if it's good enough to shoot I will be out there.
    Don
    -Don B.

Hey....if you are out and about Saturday on 2/2 you can catch my flight (AA 1) departing for LAX (it should be a 767) around 9am. Happy spotting.
    Last edited by Zee71; 2013-01-31 at 07:25 PM.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post
    Hey....if you are out and about tomorrow on 2/1 you can catch my flight (AA 1) departing for LAX (it should be a 767) around 9am. Happy spotting.
    Stick your head out the window so they can get a good shot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Hey Fasil it looks like the Pink Delta 767 that narrowly eluded me back in September is scheduled to depart around 4:20PM today- in case you don't have that one yet. Sorry I can't meet up with you, good luck
    My original plan was to spend most of the day at Hobe. However I called it off and went for arrivals due to the high winds. I didnt wanted to shoot at high zoom rate with shaky hands. The breast cancer 764 is scheduled to arrive again tomorrow around 2pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post
    Hey....if you are out and about tomorrow on 2/1 you can catch my flight (AA 1) departing for LAX (it should be a 767) around 9am. Happy spotting.
    Hay Mark if they stay on the 31s you are in luck cause I am planning Hobe until noon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviation.High.Guy View Post
    I'm off tomorrow 2-1-13 so I was hoping to do some spotting. Right now weather forecast is iffy but if it's good enough to shoot I will be out there.
    Don
    Don B we should be ok with sun and clouds like today with winds from the NW. I will start at Hobe and head back to Panera for the afternoon rish. I will be way in the back of Panera in a green car.

Correction: departing Saturday 2/2
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    Strongly considering making the drive down on Saturday morning. At this point it looks very likely that I'll be there.

What is the status of HoBe these days? Last I had heard it was still closed from Sandy.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by MSN007 View Post
    Don B we should be ok with sun and clouds like today with winds from the NW. I will start at Hobe and head back to Panera for the afternoon rish. I will be way in the back of Panera in a green car.
    I will most likely be out there tomorrow for a half day of shooting. Morning or afternoon (not sure yet).
    How is the access to Hobe since the storm? I heard the lot was close, but that was a while ago.
    -Don B.

So Manny informs me that Hobe lots are still closed. You could park on the other side of the bridge and walk
    over for a picture or two, but a full morning of spotting may be pushing it.
    -Don B.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviation.High.Guy View Post
    So Manny informs me that Hobe lots are still closed. You could park on the other side of the bridge and walk
    over for a picture or two, but a full morning of spotting may be pushing it.
    Yes I only need EK A380 and TNT so will time my self.

Even though the lot is closed, can't you just walk up the beach until you're out of sight from the road?

Guys you need to stop thinking just because there is no parking there is no spotting. God made yoi with two legs so put them to good use. If there is no parking then loose the car. I ended up shotting the entire morning and the park on both sides is closed. hmmm I wonder what I did?