Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JFK 1/31/2013

Quote Originally Posted by MSN007 View Post
    Guys you need to stop thinking just because there is no parking there is no spotting. God made yoi with two legs so put them to good use. If there is no parking then loose the car. I ended up shotting the entire morning and the park on both sides is closed. hmmm I wonder what I did?
    Took a boat ??
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

The few times I was there last at HoBe I parked next to the closed parking lot gates and sat inside the car. Then I would step outside the car as needed to get my shot. Otherwise as mentioned park before you go over the bridge and walk to the otherside.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post
    The few times I was there last at HoBe I parked next to the closed parking lot gates and sat inside the car. Then I would step outside the car as needed to get my shot. Otherwise as mentioned park before you go over the bridge and walk to the otherside.
    BINGO Mark you nailed it, thats exactly what I did. I parked on the side of the road along with other cars from the construction people and walked to the beach. I noticed they were getting too high and turning too soon so I took advantage of the low tide and walked deep I mean really deep. Then I turned around at some point and noticed a SUV in the parking lot so I snapped a shot and learned he was a cop. He was there until I was gone which was 12 noon. Then I exited through the rail reconstruction and walked back to my car. When I drove passed the parkinglot at the light the cop was gone. So I thought may be he was keeping an eye on me? I was too far and wondering how I walked over the water? I wish I knew what was in his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by MSN007 View Post
    Guys you need to stop thinking just because there is no parking there is no spotting. God made yoi with two legs so put them to good use. If there is no parking then loose the car. I ended up shotting the entire morning and the park on both sides is closed. hmmm I wonder what I did?
    first ever spotter outing using a Segway?!
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Finally pictures are starting to emerge. Hurricane force winds prevented me from visiting Hobe on this day but I enjoyed shooting from Costco all alone. I positioned my self all the way back to the tire installation and stayed in the car. The tire technicians didn't mind. The place did offered a little better side shots.

C-GGMQ

Speed bird 0117 G-BNLT

SU0100 VQ-BBJ

Spirit of Kingston with 50 years sticker 9Y-JMA

SV021 HZ-AKG

Finally off my list is Asia's World City B-KPF Cathay0830

TK003 TC-JNP

Coming in with hydrolic problems the first of three emergency landings for the day G-DHLH

What could very well be my last Air China 747 shot B-2471

For this two last shots before wrapping up the day, I moved to another spot called PLO. The aircraft is lower than Costco with perfect side shot.
    Speed bird 0113 G-STBB

Speed bird 001 G-EUNA

I hope you like it and I will see you with my report on day 2.

PLO???

Nice shot of the BA773 and CX. Yeah, what is PLO?

Also while driving through Manhattan the other day I saw a bus ad that said Air China was beginning 773 services on March 31st- I guess that would be when the 744's come to an end

To see more 747's be replaced by 777's, sickens me
    Last edited by megatop412; 2013-02-06 at 11:36 AM.

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    Great spending time with you on Saturday, Fasil. Thanks for the hospitality and the tips. Still editing the results, but hope to get a few up in the next couple of days. After we parted ways and I headed over to The Mounds, a Delta 767 Skyteam livery and an Evergreen 744 formerly in Saudi Cargo livery came.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mldoc View Post
    Great spending time with you on Saturday, Fasil. Thanks for the hospitality and the tips. Still editing the results, but hope to get a few up in the next couple of days. After we parted ways and I headed over to The Mounds, a Delta 767 Skyteam livery and an Evergreen 744 formerly in Saudi Cargo livery came.
    Ben good hanging out with you it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    PLO???
    Hmmm it seems ya are thinking hard relax. PLO stands for proprietary location because its not official spotting location and its top secret.

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    To see more 747's be replaced by 777's, sickens me
    True, but i think it's time for a change of scenery....the Air China 747s are starting to look pretty nasty
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    Nice stuff Fasil. I did some spotting last week too. Looked for you at Panera. See you next trip to JFK-
    -Don B.