Thread: Davis-Monthan and PIMA (2008)

Davis-Monthan and PIMA (2008)

Here are some images taken back in June 2008 at Davis-Monthan and PIMA Air Museum after working hours. Didn't have much time to go through the museum as the workers there gave us about 30 minutes before they closed. Also as a rookie to digitial photography, I was learning the in's and out's of my camera operations so the quality of the images is less than desireable as well as the composition. I hope to make it back to Tucson, AZ again one day, where I can spend some time quality time shooting at PIMA, and if you're ever there I highly recommend it.

Hustler - B-58

Guppy which carried rocket stages for the Saturn V rocket

F-14A

Below are a few images taken from Davis-Monthan. I didn't take may photos as I was in awe driving on the permises.

Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Some nice shots there Mark, I'm a big Hustler fan(the B-58 is pretty nice too)

Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post
    Here are some images taken back in June 2008 at Davis-Monthan and PIMA Air Museum after working hours. Didn't have much time to go through the museum as the workers there gave us about 30 minutes before they closed. Also as a rookie to digitial photography, I was learning the in's and out's of my camera operations so the quality of the images is less than desireable as well as the composition. I hope to make it back to Tucson, AZ again one day, where I can spend some time quality time shooting at PIMA, and if you're ever there I highly recommend it.
    Haha 30 minutes DEFINITELY not enough time!! I did the PIMA/Monthan tour combo back in the Fall of 2009 and I must have put in about 5/6 hours!! Great museum and nearby Tucson Airport has a little boneyard on the south side and you never know who might pop in there!! Also its a good chance you will catch the ANG F-16s doing practice flights and take/off landings out of TUS!! I've been going to Tucson for awhile now as my son was attending U of A and always tried to find time to drop into TUS or just drive the perimeter of Davis/Monthan!! Now he has graduated and I'm feeling kinda sad I wont be back there for some time!! Enjoyed the whole area!!

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Some nice shots there Mark, I'm a big Hustler fan(the B-58 is pretty nice too)
    William, I thought the Hustler [is] the B-58? no?
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    William, I thought the Hustler [is] the B-58? no?
    I was counting on some dirty minds to chime in on my comment

Ah, I just fell off the tree
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS