Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Becoming New American tour comes to JFK

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Oceanside
    Posts
    2,848

    Becoming New American tour comes to JFK

    In the midst of all the sadness at NYCA on friday I was tasked with covering the American Airlines event at JFK. Matt had given me the assignment the night before.





















    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

    http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

  2. #2
    Senior Member Zee71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    4,349
    Well done Eric. I am sure Matt would be proud of your work and coverage.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

    My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

  3. #3
    Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,042
    Great job Eric. I have a new appreciation for this livery now.
    -Don B.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Oceanside
    Posts
    2,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviation.High.Guy View Post
    Great job Eric. I have a new appreciation for this livery now.
    thanks guys. And I'm sure AA would be happy with that statement.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

    http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

  5. #5
    Senior Member Delta777LR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
    Posts
    2,844
    Great job Eric! Matt would have love those images
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

    Sergio Cardona

    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

  6. #6
    Senior Member Mateo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Posts
    1,590
    The fuselage is better than I thought (looked a dull grey at first, but now I see it has a sheen), but that tail just keeps getting busier and busier! Special thanks to AA's PR department for having both the JFK and LGA events at gates that aren't visible from the landside portions of the terminal.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Oceanside
    Posts
    2,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    The fuselage is better than I thought (looked a dull grey at first, but now I see it has a sheen), but that tail just keeps getting busier and busier! Special thanks to AA's PR department for having both the JFK and LGA events at gates that aren't visible from the landside portions of the terminal.
    At JFK it was at Gate 14 a perfect location for all passing by to see it. I think AA's PR department did a great job. In was in a optimal location.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

    http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    300
    Great shots Eric. Thanks for posting.

    I never thought I would miss the logo, stripes and registrations that were impossible to read.

    At least we have something new to photograph. I'm with Moose, looks great at night.

    AJ
    Pull back and the houses get smaller!

  9. #9
    Senior Member moose135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,041
    Very nice work, Eric! I really do get a better sense of the eagle in the logo from your photos. I still don't like the tail...

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    300
    Hey..... It has a HUD?

    Cool.

    AJ
    Pull back and the houses get smaller!

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Oceanside
    Posts
    2,848
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Hey..... It has a HUD?

    Cool.

    AJ
    yes it does
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

    http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Oceanside
    Posts
    2,848
    Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Very nice work, Eric! I really do get a better sense of the eagle in the logo from your photos. I still don't like the tail...
    American Airlines VP of New York and international operations Timothy Ahern says its a "soaring eagle" best viewed when the aircraft is on rotation. makes sense.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

    http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

  13. #13
    Senior Member megatop412's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia(south Jersey, actually)
    Posts
    3,277
    Eric your shots made the livery look as good as it's ever gonna get for me lol

    thanks for posting

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Where airplanes are
    Posts
    127
    Great photos! Does anyone know if AAL is planning on adding a touch or two to represent AWE paint features if there is a merger? Or will the Cactus paint features go away completely? USAirways current paint still has a few familiar touches of the America West livery.....

    Also, wondering how long until they unveil the 773s painted. Are they waiting until after the merger if it goes through? Pardon me if there was news on this and I missed it.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Oceanside
    Posts
    2,848
    Quote Originally Posted by O'HareAviation View Post
    Great photos! Does anyone know if AAL is planning on adding a touch or two to represent AWE paint features if there is a merger? Or will the Cactus paint features go away completely? USAirways current paint still has a few familiar touches of the America West livery.....

    Also, wondering how long until they unveil the 773s painted. Are they waiting until after the merger if it goes through? Pardon me if there was news on this and I missed it.
    773 was unveiled today.

    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3656077&type=1
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

    http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •