Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad News

I had just seen Matt on tuesdsy and was suppose to meet him this morning to cover an event. This news is just shocking and sad. Matt you will be missed.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    So sorry to hear. While I never met Matt personally, from the outpouring of kind words and condolences here I
    can sense the impact of his sudden departure. My deepest condolences go out to Matt's loved ones and friends-
    -Don B.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Still can't believe the text I got before I saw this thread. Phil I am sorry for your loss. Glad I got to meet Gina at the 56th when we had dinner and always loved when Matt was in the field shooting and I got a chance to see him though few and far between I liked shooting with him. His work and effort goes without saying as his passion for aviation.

Please pass my condolences to Gina and his family and apologize for my absence at his service. R.I.P and God speed.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I am deeply sadden to hear of Matt's passing. My condolences and prayers go out to his family and Gina. We've lost a fellow brother.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Very sad news. Matt was a great guy!!
    Scott Snorteland
    http://www.srsimages.com

With Heartfelt Sympathy

Like everyone before me, I am shocked for the news. I cannot express in words how I feel. Even tough I never met him in person, I always follow and enjoy his work. Definitely a big loss for this community. My thoughts and prayers to his family and Phil.

RIP Matt

My condolences to you, Phil, and to Matt's family. This is very shocking news. We've lost a great contributor to the aviation world. But hey, isn't the view better from above anyway? RIP my friend.

Absolutely heartbreaking news, and I am SO incredibly sorry for Gina who I met at the TWA open house, Phil, and everyone affected. My sincerest condolences to everyone. Though I didn't have TOO much direct interaction with Matt, just spending a couple minutes with him was all it would take to know that he was a great guy and a true gentleman. I can substantiate this claim because he didn't shy away or disassociate himself from the group when Phil and I sang karaoke "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling". In fact, I think aside from Manny, he was laughing the hardest of anyone in the room.

Blue skies, tail winds, and an ever evolving beard of awesomeness my friend...you'll always be with us, but you will be missed.
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

RIP Matt. Even though I never met you, us spotters are tight knit community. Condolences to Matt's family, Phil, and everyone else effected by his passing.

Jamaica, New York, United States, 111046035586548, Jamaica, New York
    Dear Phil,

I am sorry to hear about the passing of your great friend and co-owner of NYCaviation.com Matt Molnar. I can tell how much you cared for Matt just by your opening announcement. I never met Matt but wish I had. He often posted interesting content and was an entertaining Tweeter. When I think of what got me interested in planespotting, your website is definitely on the top of my list. Matt will surely be missed by the aviation fan community as evidenced by the previous posts.

Sincerely,
    David Abbey

Life is a lot like flying, some flights longer than others, some bumpy and some smooth, some with a perfect landing and some less desireable. No matter how long or smooth your flight may be, when God clears you to land, make sure there were people, passions and amazing sights along the way because once your chocks are in, there is no going back. Rest in peace Matt, our organization, circle of friends and industry as a whole was changed for the better by your flight. Tailwinds always.

Phil, I don't think I need to say anything here that has not been said but you have our collective support and caring here through this along with Gina and Matt's family. Truly crushing and heart breaking. I've been thinking about this non stop since word got to me. Our group will always have a missing rivet in it's wing for now on. We can fill it in but it will never be the same.

Godspeed Matty, I will be drinking my beers for you bud.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Wow, I am just shocked and saddened.

I only got to meet two three times in my life, but they were all very memorable. The first time was at Dave & Busters when I got the flight certificate from Kenny, the second was at NFI Spring Fling when I went for my first flight ever.

Godspeed, Matt.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Very sad to hear about Matt's passing. I only met him once, years ago, at the old Firestone. He was a good dude and will be missed. RIP.

Matt wrote the article about my plane crash http://nycaviation.com/forum/threads...s-One-Survives Very talented author and supportive as well. Enjoy meeting Casey! You guys will have lots to talk about. You will be missed here on Earth.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.