Thread: Sad News

Well done Mel.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

That was a very touching video, thank you very much Mel

Mel that was cool... thanks...

Today I had an opportunity to pay last respects to Matt and share a moment with his Fiancee Gina and her wonderful family. Matt and his wonderful family and all of Matt's great and loving friends. Great service and all I can say is, Rest in Peace, Matt!

Nice talking with Phil, Tom A., Daren, Mark and all the other members of our unique community !! Seeing the pictures on the side gallery helped and hurt a bit too :-)
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Program Coordinator
    Nice video...I wish I could be there.

God bless him
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Wow. My deepest and sincerest condolences to Phil, Matt's family, and the entire NYCAviation community. What a truly sad day :(

Blue skies forever, Matt.

-Pesach
    "..Caution wake turbulence, Company Heavy 767 on short final....Cleared to land Runway 13L..."

Great video Mel!!

I really wish I was in NYC this morning :( I'm sure that NYCA will be well represented though!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

11/20/09- 1st AF A380 to JFK- Matt shot some excellent HD video of the event from Inwood Park. I was impressed with the big turnout and took a few crowd shots

Rest In Peace Matt

Wow. I just read the news about Matt. My deepest condolences to Matt's family and friends. I've met Matt at the mounds back in 2009.
    He was waaay to young to go.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Its basic economics, I don't understand it at all..." - Randy Marsh, South Park, CO

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    11/20/09- 1st AF A380 to JFK- Matt shot some excellent HD video of the event from Inwood Park. I was impressed with the big turnout and took a few crowd shots

Rest In Peace Matt
    Wow I was remembering that day as one of the times I got a chance to see Matt in the field. Had a nice chat with him and Mr. Derner as well. R.I.P. Matt.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Our good friend Matt is now underground, atop a hill at Cedar Grove Cemetery right off of the Van Wyck Expressway. He is close to CitiField, and right under the LGA rwy 13 departure path....I couldn't have picked a better spot.

You folks really have gotten me through this. I am so grateful to have you all as an extended family. As they lowered Matt into the ground, I could only smile at what a great life he lived, how grateful I am to have had him, and how I know we will all be able to carry on his legacy and memory for the duration.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I just found out when a pal sent me this thread, and then I found the NYT story. I don't come to NYCA that much but I've enjoyed talking with Matt about Queens, airplanes, media, Midtown, and all sorts of things. I've also talked with Gina some, in her capacity as a PR rep. I am so very sorry for her loss, and all of ours.

This is a shock, and I'm sorry I didn't find out till now. I trust that NYCA represented well at the funeral, and I've chipped in a little to the fund -- great idea, Phil, for setting that up. Lovely piece you wrote as well.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    General Patton once said it is foolish and wrong to mourn the loss of people like this. Instead, we should celebrate that such people even lived. I know we're all mourning in our own way but really we should be thankful that we were able to get to know such an incredible person.

Stay strong Phil.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    The strength of this community over the past several days has been inspiring. From those who lost a best friend to those who only know him through the writing and images and code that he created, the support that we have been able to give for each other is something to be proud of. I firmly believe that the strength of the group is the sum of its parts, and although 1 part has been lost in this group, it remains strong and will only to grow stronger with time.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

I never knew Matt but you can see by this website that his heart was in the right place. May you rest in flight.