Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Sad News

Wake and funeral services for Matt can be found here... http://www.michaelsfuneralhome.com/b...ce-details.php
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Terribly saddened to read about Matt's untimely passing. On all the occasions we'd meet up in the field and chat briefly, Matt was consistently generous with his time and knowledge, not to mention patient, humble, funny, and smart. I wish now of course that I had known him better personally. He will obviously be missed by many. My condolences to his friends and family.
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Matt's hard work and dedication for NYCAviation and the entire aviation enthusiast community have made our hobby a safer and more enjoyable venture.

My condolences to his family.

Phil, I've been planning an NYC spotting trip for a while, I would be honored to part of any community gathering in memory of this fine gentleman.

We have gone ahead and created the Matt Molnar Memorial Fund. Matt had little left behind in terms of family, leaving his fiancé, Gina, to use what would have been their wedding fund to pay for his funeral and medical expenses. This fundraiser will go to offsetting those costs for her, and then also to donate to Matt’s preferred charities of The Humane Society and the Wounded Warrior Project.

Please help us by donating…
    http://www.giveforward.com/mattmolnarmemorialfund

I don't frequent to this board as much as I like to, but when I do, you undeniably feel a strong sense of community. Thank you Phil and Matt for bringing us together to share what we all love in common here.

My condolences.

George

Phil Et Al,

I was very sorry to hear the news of Matt's passing. Our interactions here on the site had always revealed him to be an incredibly kind person, one who I was glad to have had the opportunity to "meet". NYC Aviation has been a wonderful online home and community for me, and I know that he was such a huge part of that for all of us. My sincerest condolences to you, to Gina, and to all of his friends and family.

I think we all know that the next time we are out there and that burst of sun peeks through the clouds to illuminate that jet you were wanting, or the next time a runway switch puts a special right in front of you, we will know who to thank.

Blue Skies Matt.

Phil,
    I'm so sorry to hear of this tragic news. Way too soon. I read your piece and still can't imagine the depth of your loss. I don't know what else to say that has not already been said....
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

I have temporarily changed my website's front page in memory of Matt

http://www.thrustimages.com/
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

My thought's & prayers to his family & friends and all who knew him.
    Train as if your life depends on it. Because some day it may.
    Opinions expressed are my own & not those of my employer.

My deepest condolences to you guys at NYCAviation, his finance' Gina, his friends and to his family.

New York Times obituary for Matt... http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/28/ny...lnar.html?_r=0

about 700 feet west of runway 14-32 in Farmingdale
    My condolences on everyone's loss, I did not know Matt, but I know a lot of my friends here are grieving and wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless!

I have never had the pleasure of meeting Matt, nor sadly anyone else on this site. His and Phil's dedication and enthusiasm to this site is certainly evident, and I believe that all the members here truly feel a loss. My condolences to all.

P.S. I believe the industry term is to "Fly West"

This is indeed a sad loss for us and condolences to his family and fiance. I never really knew Matt except through his work on this wonderful website. His professionalism and dedication to our hobby is an inspiration to us all. I recall seeing Matt at Kid's Day and also at the TWA Terminal Open House last September, I am deeply saddened about this loss especially at such at early age. I lost my mother suddenly from a brain anyeurism as well back in 1972 so I know how the initial shock takes a while to wear-off. Matts' spirit will live on in our memories, in our thoughts, as well as in his outstanding photography and we will remember him whenever we hear the roar of an airline engine!
    Last edited by Speedbird1; 2013-01-29 at 11:10 AM.

Unfortunately, I was unable to make it back east to honor Matt, but I put this small compilation of photos together as a tribute for him.