Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: History Under the stars 2013, NY Airshow Night Photography Event

Sorry to hear about the cancelation for all those attending. I am out on the north fork and the winds have been relentless all day. Enjoy the show tomorrow. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend tomorrows air show. Have a great time all.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Fred, you are always a tireless advocate and representative for the Museum, the Night Event and all things AAM/Photography related. During the Jones BEach Airshow Weekend you literally pour your whole life into it for at least two solid weeks end to end (not to mention all the other work that builds up to it)

I can't imagine doing half of it myself for no other compensation than satisfaction. So, don't ever apologize and really, THANK YOU, even though it will never be enough to just say that. All I hope I can do is show appreciation at least through my photography at the event.

Cheers!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

I have to second that, Fred- your enthusiasm for this is always impressive. I'm sorry it didn't work out this year- pictures from past years were amazing

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Fred, you are always a tireless advocate and representative for the Museum, the Night Event and all things AAM/Photography related. During the Jones BEach Airshow Weekend you literally pour your whole life into it for at least two solid weeks end to end (not to mention all the other work that builds up to it)

I can't imagine doing half of it myself for no other compensation than satisfaction. So, don't ever apologize and really, THANK YOU, even though it will never be enough to just say that. All I hope I can do is show appreciation at least through my photography at the event.

Cheers!
    Could not have said it better Manny. Fred, without your endless dedication, I'm sure the AAM wouldn't get the draw they do, and the spotter community would most certainly suffer. I can honestly say that even though I've never really picked your brain per se, I've learned a lot from you by just watching and I wouldn't be half the photographer I am now had I not met you.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Well stated Manny! Fred ... we don't know how you do it, but you always seem to get it done. Juggling so many things before, during and after the events. We all are grateful to you and the passion you have for aviation and photography. I am always blown aways with the images you post. I too have learned from you as well, by watching and listening. Thanks Fred for all you do!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

Well stated by all, Fred is an amazing guy!

Thank You all for understanding and the nice comments -Fred
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Although one good way to get Fred frazzled during his cool-as-ice HUTS juggling, is to just bring in a Sherpa!! Fred's GONE!!!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

It's Sherpa fever!
    Mark
    Queens, NY