Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Brace Yourselves For American Airlines’ Imminent Rebranding

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    ugliest!

thing!

on!

the!

planet!!

whoever thought that up should seriously be slapped, and then slapped again.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

It isn't terrible but it lacks attitude. I had a feeling they were going with huge titling through the window line. All I can say is thank God it isn't in some frilly script.

And I agree with those lamenting the departure of the Eagle emblem. Would've been awesome to have a giant eagle on the tail swooping down with its talons extended like it was coming down for prey. Instead of the 'Cubana' design as Manny put it- that could have gone on the fuselage, behind the titles. Oh well, maybe I wont have to wait 50 years for the next one

I would definitely be interested in seeing what other designs were in the running that ultimately had this one coming out on top. I have a feeling that after seeing the other designs, there were probably far better choices..
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Biblical failure. Cheap, and nothing flows. Tommy is right the logo looks like a bus company. Maybe they should merge with US now and keep their scheme. My God.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Overall I personally like it, yes it may be better with something on the winglets and maybe a slick cheat line (some may say it looks like the Boston Redsox scheme that JetBlue has on a 737, but without the stinking sox's on the tail, but now with something resembling Ole Glory)........ but it still looks American to me and makes a statement "USA". Change isn't always bad as some may think. Looking forward to shooting it.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

I think it looks good. I just will miss the bare metal. I think they should replace the gray with bare metal on the aircraft that can receive it and paint gray on the 787 and any other composite aircraft.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

It looks good to me,but I will miss the current scheme. Now they did to update the American Eagle scheme.

Doug

Its definitely different. I've seen pictures in different lighting conditions and sometimes I like it and then not so much.
    This image closeup image of tail makes me kinda like it.
    http://www.airliners.net/photo/Ameri...fa0a11ed8bbff5
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    I have mixed feelings about the new AA livery. Maybe because it was half a century in the making and I'm just attached to the old and familiar? I can tell you this though, something about it smacks of a design that's been put together from one or more options. By this I mean it looks like somebody may have had a role in "frankensteining" (as agency folk call it) together elements from two, or more livery options. Can't put my finger on it exactly- there just looks like a visual disconnect between the tail graphics and the logotype/eagle icon. My instincts tell me something doesn't jive with the net effect of this new branding.

Strange things have been known to happen when you get client and agency together in a conference room. Ever hear the saying "A camel is really a horse that was designed by committee"? Could be the case here, or maybe I'm just projecting my own experience from Mad Avenue. Anyway, the client always has the last word, even when it's not the best decision, or the one you would choose. After all, it is their "nickel". As Creative Director I've been there, in that conference room more than I would like to admit. You learn not to lose sleep over it after a while.
    Last edited by Aviation.High.Guy; 2013-01-17 at 08:28 PM.
    -Don B.

I like the pearlescent gray and the titles. The logo is alright. My only objection is the tail. The fact that it's so bold and busy but the colors don't go all the way around the bottom of the fuselage makes it feel half-assed to me.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter View Post
    ....... but the colors don't go all the way around the bottom of the fuselage makes it feel half-assed to me.
    That was one thing that I was talking to a few people at work today about it. They should have taken the stripes all the way to the bottom.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Program Coordinator
    Can't put my finger on it exactly- there just looks like a visual disconnect between the tail graphics and the logotype/eagle icon.
    IMO it's because the rounded, swooshy feeling of the front half the plane contrasts very notably with the hard lines and edges of the tail...and there really isn't any transition. It's just one and then the other. I think if they wrapped the colors under the fuselage it would be less jarring.

None of us get paid big bucks to do this sort of thing for a living, so leave it to the "professionals" LOL...

BTW, today on a major Aviation Photography site forum, someone said they should have gotten input from the media and the general public etc.

One thing is certain, if you EVER want to finish a project or get a new idea off the ground, make sure there are less than two people making the decision...!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by nssd70 View Post
    It looks good to me,but I will miss the current scheme. Now they did to update the American Eagle scheme.

Doug
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    It was "broke", they needed a refresh, I am glad they did it... Nice and fresh...

Kenny, if I see you take a picture of any new AA new c/s, I will personally destroy your camera and stab you in the eye!!!
    If its a 757 or 767 with winglets he wont get it . BTW I think the AA new look dosent look too bad at all. Its something different thats all I can say. I expect to catch one soon! The tail really does remind me of Cubana however the eagle logo is the only thing im not crazy about.
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15