Thread: The Heroics of Captain Sully and the “Miracle on the Hudson”

Post The Heroics of Captain Sully and the “Miracle on the Hudson”

NYCAviation:
    The Heroics of Captain Sully and the “Miracle on the Hudson”

As the public understands it, Sully saved 155 lives through nerves of steel and superhuman flying skills. The truth isn’t quite so romantic.
    [Click to Read Full Article]

Great article. I was glad to see someone acknowledge the trend(since 9/11) of media throwing the word 'hero' around perhaps more than it is warranted.

As Sully himself says, the single best thing he did was flip on the APU as soon as he did. Not losing power to control systems and displays likely played a bigger role in saving those people than anything else.
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    "And a hero, to me,"

And that above quote, from the article, tells the whole story and so the word hero is how he defines it. Its an Op-Ed piece. No ,I dont usually throw the word hero around.

Sport
    héros, diet heros, thats all bull****. But a guy who just shows up with his A game and, along with his crew, protects his crew and staff, is a hero.

The decision to land on the water, in a clear area, is heroic. The foresight to call for a water landing....heroic.

If the writer wants to be arrogant and talk about Sully is not a hero and give examples of other pilot/aviation situations, I'd prefer he write 2 articles about those other aviation instances.

And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    "And a hero, to me,"

And that above quote, from the article, tells the whole story and so the word hero is how he defines it. Its an Op-Ed piece. No ,I dont usually throw the word hero around.

Sport
    héros, diet heros, thats all bull****. But a guy who just shows up with his A game and, along with his crew, protects his crew and staff, is a hero.

The decision to land on the water, in a clear area, is heroic. The foresight to call for a water landing....heroic.

If the writer wants to be arrogant and talk about Sully is not a hero and give examples of other pilot/aviation situations, I'd prefer he write 2 articles about those other aviation instances.

+1
    Couldn't have said it better myself Mario.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]