Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Best Planespotting Photos of 2012

Post The Best Planespotting Photos of 2012

NYCAviation:
    The Best Planespotting Photos of 2012

After much debate, the best planespotting photos of 2012 have been selected! Check out the top picks and the runners up!
    [Click to Read Full Article]

Congrats to the winners!
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Congrats Moose/Nick/Steve, stunning shots

Thank you so much! With the other entries, I'm truly honored to have my photo chosen. Congratulations to Nick and Steve as well, those were terrific photos!

Congrats gentlemen......well done! Fantastic shots to say the least.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

I echo Moose's sentiment, thank you so much for the honor of being chosen. That thread was packed with tons of amazing images, here's to hoping that 2013 will be just as successful for everyone.

Moose, Steve, congratulations. Both of your photos are stellar images.

Congrats!
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Nice job by all .... Congrats !
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

Moose, Nick...you two took the words right out of my mouth. Its an honor to have been chosen out of all the outstanding entries in the contest. Congrats to you Moose and Nick as your images were both outstanding.

I look forward to the 2013 spotting and airshow year and look forward to seeing all the post throughout this upcoming year from all the talented photographers on the site.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

The contest was very difficult to choose...and there were several images that would have been considered to be tied for second place. So many great shots.

In terms of overall submissions, Eric may have had the best batches. Each judge submitted their top three nominations for each category, in order. For the VIP/Special, Nick's 747SP narrowly beat out Eric...Eric only missing it because we were fighting over his two Space Shuttle shots. I liked (loved) the vertical sepia shot, while the other guys liked the hoist photo. The 747SP, however, was unanimous.

As for Moose's shot, it was a big bonus to know that Futt was flying the plane, but seeing that photo in the late light really gave me a feel as though I had been spotting with Moose all day. I think it is wild that a Dash-8 photo made the top spot! Jason's mutli-aircraft shot at JFK was a favorite, as were Gordon's LH 748 shots.

Nick's set was also incredible, but I actually didn't vote for the KFIR. For military I was tied between two of Furst's shots...the Harrier and the multi-Blue Angel shot. Peterman's EA-6B was also close, as well as the B-1 underbelly by Greg_NY.

RWB had several nominations as well for some multiple categories, glad to have him as a new member.

The gallery has photos from everyone that submitted, even those that submitted too late. But it wasn't a "just give at least one each" thing....every member truly had a contending shot.

To the winners, CONGRATS! Now email me your proper mailing name and address. DON'T MAKE ME HUNT YOU DOWN!

Congrats again to everyone. Thank you for the great submissions. For all the shooting that I DON'T get to do these days, seeing your photos here is a wonderful supplement.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

about 700 feet west of runway 14-32 in Farmingdale
    Congratulations to the winners - nice job!

Definitely a tough job to choose. This is one talented bunch of hobbyists. Congrats to the winners.

Moose, it was a pleasure working with you! The shot is a simple one but I think Phil is spot on with his description. We all know nothing signals the end of a day spotting like the best light and an onslaught of boring RJs and props.

I kid you not, when we were crossing the threshold -- prettymuch at the exact moment in the picture -- I was thinking to myself, "Man, this light is gorgeous! I hope someone is out there taking pictures." The stars aligned, the clouds parted, and we crossed paths for a winner of a shot.

There's a historical bonus here too, since HDN is no longer in those colors. Shortly after that trip it was repainted into the white scheme you see on the rest of the mainline aircraft.

Let's do it again some time.

B
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

congrats to winner :),maybe my photo has a chance on airliners.net LOL 7 rejected photos O_o,Congrats to winners :) i really liked the old Japanese ww2 Plane :\ glad that got up there :),congrats to winners XD now we should do one for night spotting hehehe. anyway congrats to winners :)

Congrats to the winners - great shots - and - congrats to all the finalists - takes a lot to even get to be a finalist!!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/