Thread: Photos at TEB and MMU--Possible?

Photos at TEB and MMU--Possible?

Is is possible to get photos at TEB and/or MMU? Are there any official spotting locations? I'm looking for someplace new (with Gulfstream traffic) to go to get some photos over Christmas break. I read that Morristown has an official "no photos" policy, but I didn't know how/if this policy is enforced.

I'm also considering a trip to either LGA or JFK if TEB or MMU don't work out...

TEB is a Port controlled airport, and is just as tough if not tougher than shooting at EWR. Can't speak for MMU, as I have not had a chance to get out that far.
    I do know NJ State Police has a presence there, so maybe that's where the "no photos" policy originates.
    LGA had a ton of bizzers on the GA ramp yesterday. Good luck hunting and let us know what you discover.

There's a ball field on the south end of Industrial Dr (runs along the west side of TEB) and it's right before you get to Moonachie. I have no idea what the presence is for patrols but I never see anyone down there. The approach lights to rwy 6 basically run along the field. If you can get there and shoot un-bothered, I'd imagine it'd have some great shots all day if they're arriving on 6. Like John said, it is a PA airport, and a private one at that so you may get seriously burned. But, then again, you might not. Shoot at your own risk there lol
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Thanks for the tips, guys! I'll let you know if my trip works out!

Don't attemptphotography at MMU. Airport ops will chase you out even for writing the tail numbers down!

While the spot off r/w 6 is a good one, if they use the ILS 6 approach it usually means that weather stinks. Otherwise if coming in from the south they'll have the aircraft fly the ILS6 approach and then turn for a r/w 1 landing.