Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uploading to Both A.net and JP?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris102 View Post
    Quick question--when JP rejects a photo that is already on A.net, is it OK to appeal?
    ROTFL ... I hope you're kidding.

There are times that screeners from JP.net and A.nnet are like blood enemies. Suggesting that is sure to get you reprimanded publicly, or worse; banned!

I say if you do upload to both the same shot, which is perfectly OK, treat them as ships in the night... don;t mix the two screenings at all :-) You'd be surprised what one accepts and the other rejects and vice versa!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Does that get them accepted, or get you a ban from uploading for a few weeks... ;-)
    I've yet to have an issue.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Appealed before I saw the rest of the comments--got my ass handed to me!

Program Coordinator
    I don't really upload to either anymore (flickr & airplane-pictures.net for me), but when I did have the situation you've described appealing to jp.net saying a.net accepted it usually won the day. With a.net it seemed to follow with 5 additional senseless rejections.

Quote Originally Posted by jerslice View Post
    I don't really upload to either anymore (flickr & airplane-pictures.net for me), but when I did have the situation you've described appealing to jp.net saying a.net accepted it usually won the day. With a.net it seemed to follow with 5 additional senseless rejections.
    I actually emailed the screener back because I was a little pissed at his attitude. I got a sassy reply back, which I'll have to post.

I'm thinking about starting to put my photos on my Flickr page and forgetting about both sites. It takes forever for me to get my pictures on A.net--I'd say only about 20-30% of my A.net uploads get on the site the first time I submit it.

Screener: "Histogram CLEARLY shows the underexposure. Couldn\'t care less what airliners do ! It means nothing here, they don\'t always get it right."

Me: "OK--no need to be so arrogant about it. If the site is going to be like that, I'll have to consider not uploading to JP anymore."

Screener: "You call me arrogant yet on every one of your appeals, I think there were 5 you rubbed our noses in the fact that airliners had accepted your pictures despite our rejections being very clearly proven.
    If airliners are so wonderful then you are welcome to stay with them. If you don't want to upload here on the largest aviation database in the world then that is of course your prerogative. This appeal was one of the last ones that I dealt with and I had simply become fed up with constantly having airliners rammed down my throat as if an acceptance there means that we are duty bound to accept here.
    It doesn't work like that.
    Merry Christmas.

Brian Whitelegg.
    Senior screener."

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    ROTFL ... I hope you're kidding.

There are times that screeners from JP.net and A.nnet are like blood enemies. Suggesting that is sure to get you reprimanded publicly, or worse; banned!

I say if you do upload to both the same shot, which is perfectly OK, treat them as ships in the night... don;t mix the two screenings at all :-) You'd be surprised what one accepts and the other rejects and vice versa!
    I haven't been banned, but I'll have to keep an eye out to see if they're going after me publicly!

Chris, your work is well enough to be showcased. I haven't uploaded to either site now in over 18 months. Too much hassle for too little reward.
    Put your shots on Flickr, and make sure you KEYWORD them. They will show up better on search engines if you do.

Program Coordinator
    Too much hassle for too little reward.
    Bingo. At some point I decided that my photos should reflect my style of shooting, not theirs. It was a great help to learn how to edit. But once that had been established...all flickr :-)

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    Chris, your work is well enough to be showcased. I haven't uploaded to either site now in over 18 months. Too much hassle for too little reward.
    Put your shots on Flickr, and make sure you KEYWORD them. They will show up better on search engines if you do.
    Thanks for the nice words about my photos, John. Your shots are always beautiful, and I appreciate your encouragement.

I'll have to start the process of moving my photos over to Flickr this week. It does seem that the hassle of A.Net and JP is just too much for too little reward.

Got another unsolicited sassy email from a different JP screener today:

Dear Mr Dolan,

I am sorry that our screening process is not matching the one of airliners.net. It seems that you are more satisfied with the service of airliners.net. To avoid future trouble I would recommend limiting your up-loads to airliners.net and stop up-loading tojetphotos.net. This would save valuable time for all involved parties.

I wish you and your family all the best this holiday season, with hopes for a healthy and prosperous 2013!

Best regards

Stefan Kuhn - seahawk

I use Flickr for the majority of my photos,but I like uploading to Jetphotos and Airliners. i just don't get too worked up if either one rejects them. I had one that Jetphotos accepted,but Airliners rejected it because the Flag was blocking a portion of the wing.

Doug

Chris, I would upload a couple to JP.net just to see how they react.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris102 View Post
    Got another unsolicited sassy email from a different JP screener today:
    Exactly what I was trying to tell you... DO NOT mix the two. If someone else gets away with it, great. I would just treat them independently when it comes to screening and their respective criteria ..

I upload the same pics to both. Sometimes they both accept them. Sometimes one accepts one the other will not. That's life :-)

Don;t get me wrong, I appeal and argue my points with each of them but never do I claim they need to accept them because the other site did already... that I think would make anyone a bit uncomfortable. Imagine you're a cop on the beat. You stop a guy for not wearing his seat-belt. You are about to tag him and he says, come on, your partner a few miles away let me go, you should do the same :P
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS