Thread: Tale of 2 Airline Companies

Tale of 2 Airline Companies

I decided to visit the Air China ticket Office and the Turkish Airlines ticket office in Manhattan yesterday to see if I could get an in-flight magazine and a few postcards. The visits were like night and day. First, I had the misfortune to visit Air China. The ladies at first ignored me and went about doing their business. Finally, after I complained, they rudely replied we have no magazines, no postcards, no anything. I truly felt like crap and finally left. I feel sorry for the passengers stuck on an aircraft with these people flying over 12 hours to Beijing. Next, I visited Turkish Airlines and had the opposite experience. I was greeted with a smile. My questions were answered and I received a bag of goodies from the airline and a handshake and wish for a good holiday. I was going to complain to CCA but I don't want to start trouble with such nasty people.

Too bad about China Airlines. Maybe they were upset that they'll no longer be flying the 747 to New York in the near future

I'm sure you know that just a few decades ago you could walk into almost any airline's offices and you got the Turkish experience. You could still write a letter to China's customer service dept if you felt so inclined- if they treated you rudely, they might also be rude to China's customers, which I'm sure corporate would want to know about since this is a competitive industry

Thanks for your response. I attempted to contact Air China about the treatment I received but kept getting an Error 404 on my screen. I tried again but I was not successful. I've heard stories about how flyers are treated aboard Air China flights and none of them were good!
    Last edited by Speedbird1; 2012-12-14 at 07:38 AM.