Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Jones Beach Airshow

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    * The U.S Air Force Thunderbirds (effective 4/1) and 106th Air National Guard SAR Demo HH-60/HC-130 (effective 3/1)have both been cancelled due to sequestration. It is possible that they could still perform should the funding be restored.

** At this time the U.S. Navy is canceling aerial support on a month-by-month basis. We will find out the fate of the F/A-18C TACDEMO in late April or early May.

*** At this time, participation from the U.S. Army Golden Knights seems unlikely.

I have more information about this posted on: http://nyasinfo.com/?p=82
    Last edited by Fighting_falcon_51; 2013-03-01 at 10:09 PM.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Let's just hope still having the CF-18 Demo this year will keep the Jones Beach show from canceling also.
    Keep your fingers crossed !!!

Will Fleet Week events be affected by the sequestration law ???
    You will never know what you will be capable of until you try

Program Coordinator
    Yes...Navy white papers have said most if not all fleet week activities would be down the drain

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Let's just hope still having the CF-18 Demo this year will keep the Jones Beach show from canceling also.
    Keep your fingers crossed !!!
    Bethpage FCU Air Show just announced that the air show is STILL A GO!!!! It was on their Facebook Page!!
    AND the RCAF CF-18 Demo team is STILL A GO to appear!!
    Now maybe if we can get these idiots in DC to get there act together.........................

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Now maybe if we can get these idiots in DC to get there act together.........................

We've got a better chance of getting a SR-71, B-1, and B-2 formation flight...
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

about 700 feet west of runway 14-32 in Farmingdale
    Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    We've got a better chance of getting a SR-71, B-1, and B-2 formation flight...
    Now THAT would be something!!!!!

Although since we are shooting at a high level here, you forgot to add the F-117 and throw in a U-2 for good measure.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    No military performers, but since the show doesn't use a military airfield, there's no de jure reason that the show would have been cancelled. The organizers could have chosen to cancel based on the potential of low attendance, but it looks like they've chosen not to. Having an airshow at Jones Beach this year is also a huge vote of confidence to show that area beaches are going to be open for the summer post-hurricane.

The same would apply to any of the private shows not held in conjunction with a military airfield (Chicago Air and Water, Atlantic City, and so on). I actually wonder if AC would move to a weekend timing this year. The whole reason they've always had for doing a midweek show is because it basically guarantees having a jet team. On-base shows (Langley, Dover, Pax, Quonset, Oceana, etc) are all toast. This was already an off-year for McGuire and Andrews.

Without sounding too partisan, I find it pathetic that this Country is in such a poor state that we have to rely on the Russians to take us to space, the Canadians to do our airshows, yet we can manage to put a record number of people on food stamps and hand out free cell phones like candy.

For the first time in my adult life, Im ashamed of my Country.
    Last edited by rkfast; 2013-03-03 at 08:15 AM.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Quote Originally Posted by rkfast View Post
    Without sounding too partisan, I find it pathetic that this Country is in such a poor state that we have to rely on the Russians to take us to space, the Canadians to do our airshows, yet we can manage to put a record number of people on food stamps and hand out free cell phones like candy.

For the first time in my adult life, Im ashamed of my Country.
    Ashamed? No. I have two Purple Hearts and I will love this country until the day I die. Disappointed? Definitely.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

I still can't believe this is happening, but I have to believe that things will get better at some point, even if it means having to wait till next year. They worked the damn NHL strike out to save half a season, why can't the same determination work for airshows?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Now THAT would be something!!!!!

Although since we are shooting at a high level here, you forgot to add the F-117 and throw in a U-2 for good measure.
    nope .. XB-70

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    but I have to believe that things will get better at some point, even if it means having to wait till next year
    That's right, we only need to be patient and things will definitely be better

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    I still can't believe this is happening, but I have to believe that things will get better at some point, even if it means having to wait till next year. They worked the damn NHL strike out to save half a season, why can't the same determination work for airshows?
    Because the politicians were not involved in the NHL labor dispute. This whole sequester BS is all political. Neither side likes the other, so they wont work with each other.
    In the end it doesn't affect them, so they DO NOT GIVE A $H!T about the US Citizens. All they care about is how they look in the press. This country is tumbling towards disaster and they are all showing a blind eye, because:

1) "They are in charge, so what could be going wrong?"

2) They are getting paid, so what do the taxpayers of this great nation have to complain about?

3) In the end "Our side has to look better than their side" no matter what. The people will re-elect us next time, all we have to do is attack our opponents character.

I've lost a lot of faith in the country over the last decade. I honestly think it's time to get rid of the political party system. Everyone registered voter in this country is an American. We should be fighting for our survival as Americans. Create real sustainable jobs, end the "stop-gap" job. "We created "X" number of jobs repairing the roads in X state" - okay, when the road work is complete, they are unemployed again.

STOP giving money overseas, when we are in a sequester! $60mil to Syria, $250mil to Egypt....really? Why? To keep good relations? Look inside your own borders...people are struggling, look at the NJ shore, Staten Island, The Rockaways, Long Beach. These are people who were devastated by a natural disaster, and they have to jump through hoops to get a fraction of the money they need to rebuild. Yet, we want to help Syrian dissidents overthrow their government. It's sickening.

Sorry for the off-topic rant. I'm just fed-up.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    Because the politicians were not involved in the NHL labor dispute. This whole sequester BS is all political. Neither side likes the other, so they wont work with each other.
    In the end it doesn't affect them, so they DO NOT GIVE A $H!T about the US Citizens. All they care about is how they look in the press. This country is tumbling towards disaster and they are all showing a blind eye, because:

1) "They are in charge, so what could be going wrong?"

2) They are getting paid, so what do the taxpayers of this great nation have to complain about?

3) In the end "Our side has to look better than their side" no matter what. The people will re-elect us next time, all we have to do is attack our opponents character.

I've lost a lot of faith in the country over the last decade. I honestly think it's time to get rid of the political party system. Everyone registered voter in this country is an American. We should be fighting for our survival as Americans. Create real sustainable jobs, end the "stop-gap" job. "We created "X" number of jobs repairing the roads in X state" - okay, when the road work is complete, they are unemployed again.

STOP giving money overseas, when we are in a sequester! $60mil to Syria, $250mil to Egypt....really? Why? To keep good relations? Look inside your own borders...people are struggling, look at the NJ shore, Staten Island, The Rockaways, Long Beach. These are people who were devastated by a natural disaster, and they have to jump through hoops to get a fraction of the money they need to rebuild. Yet, we want to help Syrian dissidents overthrow their government. It's sickening.

Sorry for the off-topic rant. I'm just fed-up.
    Nothing to be sorry for!! Totally agree with you!!