Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F-104 Starfighters

F-104 Starfighters

Pilots and Crew of the world's only privately owned supersonic air force.

Nice to see the 'missile with a man in it' still has a life- great video!

Thanks! Shooting with these guys was a great experience and hope to do it again very soon.

I wish they rented rides in those backseats!!!

Yeah seems the only way you can do that is if you spend enough cash to reserve a seat on Space X or Virgin Galactic which will require you to go through suborbital flight training with an outfit like Starfighters.

Quote Originally Posted by JT Taylor View Post
    Thanks! Shooting with these guys was a great experience and hope to do it again very soon.
    The f104 is one of my all time favorites! Were you involved with shooting the video? Thanks for the post.

George

JT,
    Thanks for posting the Starfighters video and Welcome to the site !!
    BTW, I noticed on the video's description and it was from a Docu-Reality Show
    and was just curious if the show will be shown on TV anywhere in the future,
    or will the episodes just be shown on that Youtube Channel ??
    Thanks again !

Hi George,

Yes I was. I produced and directed it.

JT

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    JT,
    Thanks for posting the Starfighters video and Welcome to the site !!
    BTW, I noticed on the video's description and it was from a Docu-Reality Show
    and was just curious if the show will be shown on TV anywhere in the future,
    or will the episodes just be shown on that Youtube Channel ??
    Thanks again !
    Hi Chris,

Thanks appreciate the support!
    Funny you should ask about the TV aspect... that's a long story! I'm a huge aviation buff and so (yes I am biased) but to me I think these guys would make a great TV show so we shot some footage on spec and put together this piece which you see now. We shopped it to a lot of Networks but it seems to most that the guys are a litttle "flat" and not "outrageous" enough and aviation is too "niche" for most networks! Well first of all you're not talking about a bunch of guys making duck calling gear, you're talking about people risking their a** every time their sit down in that bomb with wings so you're not gonna get a bunch of Honey Boo Boo's in a cockpit! Sorry! Secondly the thing that networks should recognize is that the aviation audience is one of the more hardcore and loyal fan bases out there. I mean just look at the number of views that YouTube channels get that show nothing more than ordinary planes taking off and landing! (again I admit that I am one of those closet guys that likes to watch 747's take off)
    Sorry I digress, so to answer your question, no TV for now but we will be shooting more Starfighters footage and putting more webisodes on YouTube.
    Best,
    JT

Hey JT,
    Thanks for all the info and glad to hear you'll be shooting more Starfighter webisodes for Youtube at least.
    BTW, did you try shopping the show to the Military and Smithsonian Channels also ?? Either of those channels
    would be the PERFECT fit for this kind of aviation show since they already broadcast Air & Space shows
    Anyway, GOOD LUCK and thanks again !!
    - Chris

Hey JT,
    Thanks for all the info and glad to hear you'll be shooting more Starfighter webisodes for Youtube at least.
    BTW, did you try shopping the show to the Military and Smithsonian Channels also ?? Either of those channels
    would be the PERFECT fit for this kind of aviation show since they already broadcast Air & Space shows
    Anyway, GOOD LUCK and thanks again !!
    - Chris
    Hey Chris,

Thanks for subscribing! Yeah unfortunately we even got a pass from Smithsonian and Military but thanks for the suggestion.
    JT

New STARFIGHTERS clip

I love those guys and the team and of course the jets... I went all the way to Dayton a few years ago JUST to see them :-) However, they NEVER go supersonic, so what's the point of advertising it? I do not like that part of the video. I think they should do it, once in a while... like at Andrews or Nellis during a show :-)
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Unfortunately, whenever the Starfighters fly at Air Shows, which is not their primary business anymore,
    they are NOT allowed to go Supersonic since they Civilian performers and are regulated by the FAA.
    BUT when they're doing contracting work for NASA they are definitely going Supersonic at times over
    the Ocean and that's why they advertise being the world's only privately owned supersonic air force.

Also, the only Air Show I've ever seen an approved Military supersonic pass is out at Edwards AFB,
    when they did it with a F-15 up at altitude, but you could still hear the Sonic BOOM really good !!

JT, keep up the great job producing the Starfighter videos and I hope to see more soon !!

Unfortunately, whenever the Starfighters fly at Air Shows, which is not their primary business anymore,
    they are NOT allowed to go Supersonic since they Civilian performers and are regulated by the FAA.
    BUT when they're doing contracting work for NASA they are definitely going Supersonic at times over
    the Ocean and that's why they advertise being the world's only privately owned supersonic air force.

Also, the only Air Show I've ever seen an approved Military supersonic pass is out at Edwards AFB,
    when they did it with a F-15 up at altitude, but you could still hear the Sonic BOOM really good !!

JT, keep up the great job producing the Starfighter videos and I hope to see more soon !!
    Thanks Chris, I appreciate it! Also yes you are correct in your answer vis a vis the supersonic aspect and govt work, thanks.