Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Plane spotting in NYC

Spotting is great at the above-mentioned spots but the areas are very breezy with no facilities. An auto is a must for these locations during winter months. In the summer, one can wait for public transportation. Planeview Park is great but gets very chilly after awhile. It's a tricky hobby as runways get changed. I often got stuck waiting near a runway only to have the approach lights turned-off and being forced to look for a cab to take me to a different runway. I often waited well-over an hour before a cab stopped or simply had to walk, but that was during the summer months. It's a hassle as nothing is assured when spotting; it is a gamble! Good luck. Now, I must look for my book I got from BOAC back in the 60's. It had the original Speedbird logo on the cover and was given-out to all passengers.

Hi to you all,

Seasons Greetings and a wonderful Xmas and happy New Year.
    About 7 weeks till my trip to do some spotting in NYC, hopefully as per some earlier postingsShift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page., would be good to meet up, if anyone is available between 7th and 11th Feb.

A very merry Xmas

Cheers and regards

Tony

Hi to you all,

Seasons Greetings and a wonderful Xmas and happy New Year.
    About 7 weeks till my trip to do some spotting in NYC, hopefully as per some earlier postings, would be good to meet up, if anyone is available between 7th and 11th Feb.

A very merry Xmas

Cheers and regards

Tony