Thread: Newbie from Florida

Smile Newbie from Florida

Hello from Florida to all northeasterners: We Floridians thought we were the home of hurricanes.

I am an old guy who loves to admire the glory of flight.

My claim to fame is that I have ridden in the Collings B-17. I almost wet my pants from excitement.

I am a collector of diecast WWII Warbirds: P-51, Spitfire, Mosquito, P-40. But I do so love the A-26 Invader, with Always one of my favorite movies. I have written about the Red Tails, even having had a piece published (of which I am very proud).

I do not have a pilot's license, but I have participated in "Hot Dog Friday" at Page Field (Fort Myers, Fla.), where pilots gathered for hot dogs and stories. One P-47 pilot and one B-24 pilot are still around. I shall post some pictures of the new terminal, with its T-6 and Mustang replica.

Not much flight over my house near the Gulf, but for the USCG C-130 and helicopters. Love it. While vacationing in eastern Ohio (now under snow), the C-130s from Pittsburgh "bombed" our community regularly, close in. I loved that roar of pairs and sometimes fours.

I found your site while looking for Air Buzz--and came across some of your postings. I shall do my best to read and participate, but retirement takes much of my time: being sedentary, of course.

PS: I am a kind of Anglophile: I have had three summers in Cambridge with students, and have visited some WWII RAF fields. I shall post some of those pics in time.

Blue skies!

Welcome from a fellow Floridian (and Anglophile)...
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Hello sir and welcome, my Dad flew B-24's out of England(Horsham/St. Faith in east Anglia) for the 8th. Looking forward to your shots

Welcome! Looking forward to your stories and photos.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Welcome and your not the only one from Florida here..(: Im still trying to find out If my grandfather was in the danish Resistance But i think that hope is lost..As i don't speak any dansk/danish so its hard hehe but hope to see your Photos and stories :) My favorite is the Spitfire :D