Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: National Weather Service Says TS Sandy a "Powerhouse...of Historical Events"

Considering the forecast for Tuesday currently reads "Tuesday: Rain likely. Rain may be heavy at times. Very windy with highs in the mid 50s. Chance of rain 70 percent."
    No.
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

As far as the "dud" thing, that NYC portion of the forecast WAS a dud. I don't think anyone is calling the Long Island part a dud.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Hey Phil- In your professional dispatcher's opinion, do you think the corridor between ATL and JFK will be affected between now and Sunday? Flying back and forth this weekend and would appreciate your thoughts on if we'll be impacted flying on Sunday evening. Thanks!
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection

On a more reasonable note, frantic CNN guy is now saying he has banned the word "Frankenstorm" from their reports, noting that it's not appropriate to joke about a storm that's already killed 20 people (now 39 according to AP).
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by kc2aqg View Post
    Hey Phil- In your professional dispatcher's opinion, do you think the corridor between ATL and JFK will be affected between now and Sunday? Flying back and forth this weekend and would appreciate your thoughts on if we'll be impacted flying on Sunday evening. Thanks!
    Between now and Sunday should be completely fine for that city pair. Nothing that would affect much at all, don't worry. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    Between now and Sunday should be completely fine for that city pair. Nothing that would affect much at all, don't worry. :)
    Thanks you are my second airport guy to tell me Sunday night should be fine. Presently enjoying beautiful Tucson, flying back Sunday eve (11PM landing) at JFK.

And I saw that NJ has formed an EMS Helibase at Trenton-Mercer Airport for storm related emergency work. Additional hoist equipped helicopters will be put into service!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Thanks you are my second airport guy to tell me Sunday night should be fine. Presently enjoying beautiful Tucson, flying back Sunday eve (11PM landing) at JFK.
    Unless any of your flights have some odd, annoying reason to go 150 miles out into the water, I see no reason that it would create a problem.

By this point with Irene the city had already decided to shut down all subway service so the fact that we've heard nothing so far is a good sign....
    You will never know what you will be capable of until you try

Quote Originally Posted by puckstopper55 View Post
    ugh. i guess the only thing we can hope for is that it moves in and out quickly.
    Thats what she said.

Not to downplay the severity of this or any other storm, but maybe the weather gods are setting these storms up to cancel Halloween because of the childhood obesity rate.
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Quote Originally Posted by threeholerglory View Post
    Thats what she said.

Not to downplay the severity of this or any other storm, but maybe the weather gods are setting these storms up to cancel Halloween because of the childhood obesity rate.
    What will Honey Boo Boo do now?
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Second opinion: Sunday night may be cutting it close. At some point the airlines are just going to stop flying to JFK and/or Port will halt arriving flights like they did during Irene. With the heavy stuff expected to begin late Sunday/early Monday, I'd expect that point to come sometime during that period.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Post Hurricane Sandy Live Air Travel Updates

NYCAviation:
    Hurricane Sandy Live Air Travel Updates

Around the clock info about airlines and airports as Hurricane Sandy moves into the Northeast US.
    [Click to Read Full Article]

Matt's right...the storm will be affecting us sooner, and airlines are trying to close shop. I think if you're not where you want to be by sundown on Sunday, you're not getting too far. :(

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atl...ath_large.html

the latest projections have the storm missing the city and long island....
    You will never know what you will be capable of until you try