Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: National Weather Service Says TS Sandy a "Powerhouse...of Historical Events"

Quote Originally Posted by wunaladreamin View Post
    Finally was able to get home. Everything is just gone.
    So sorry to hear that.
    That is just awful.
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Sorry to hear Kenny.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Now I need to find some gas or try to get back to Philly on the 1/2 tank I have(stations north of 195 were either shut or had very long lines on my trip up here).
    It might be worth it for you to travel home via I80 or similar through the Poconos. I have it on good authority that they have no issues with gas availability in that area.

Best wishes to all of you still trying to recover. It's not going to be quick or easy, but you will get through this.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Some of the scanner chatter I heard over the past few days included reports of police finding bodies in homes, one filling station trying to charge $40 for a gallon of gas, pleas for food and water deliveries, and customers trying to break windows in the BP station on Peninsula Blvd. We stayed in the house this whole time to avoid the chaos. Now I need to find some gas or try to get back to Philly on the 1/2 tank I have(stations north of 195 were either shut or had very long lines on my trip up here).
    Not many issues getting gas south of 195. I filled up the other day in Mt. Laurel, wasn't even a line, and didn't see many lines for gas until north of 195 on the tpke.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Thanks guys. Everyone is accounted for and alive so it's definitely the little things to be thankful for. I have to say, watching what happened on tv from FL couldn't possibly paint an accurate picture of the scope of what happened here. I am still in shock beyond words. Has anyone heard from Spellman? I know he's in Long Beach and I don't think he's checked in yet.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by wunaladreamin View Post
    Thanks guys. Everyone is accounted for and alive so it's definitely the little things to be thankful for. I have to say, watching what happened on tv from FL couldn't possibly paint an accurate picture of the scope of what happened here. I am still in shock beyond words. Has anyone heard from Spellman? I know he's in Long Beach and I don't think he's checked in yet.
    Ryan is fine. Very busy as a member of the LB Aux PD! Just saw a pic of him on FB and he posted a quick I am fine message a few days ago.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Great to hear Gerard thanks.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Kenny .... I am so sorry to hear of your lose. My prayers go out to you and all the others impacted by Sandy. Day 8 and still no power .... Today the Con Ed guys were going door to to door looking the damage and informing folks. As far as power coming back he informed us it still may be a few days as they bring up each grid. Tomorrow I will be removing the damaged sheet rock to prevent mold from forming. The entire kitchen has to be redone. It will take some time before things get back to some state of normalcy. Gas lines are nuts .... My sister got a call from one of her friends asking if she was interested in getting or chipping in for a 55 gallon drum of gas ...... The price was $600! Freaking nuts. Stay safe and strong as we'll pull through this all together.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

$11,00 per gallon? Jesuchrist!

Anyway, Kenny, so sorry man, really... I am sure coming from you, it must be really bad... Seeing the swath of destruction on Breezy Point really affects me every time they play that clip, especially since I heard the Fireman response (and their inability to do anything) on the scanner live that evening.

The spread of the destruction is what's sobering. I can't imagine an Earthquake ...
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Really sorry to hear that, Kenny. If you need anything (basics like deodorant, etc.) let me know, and I'll get it up to you Seriously, though, let us know if you need anything!
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

What day is it?
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Maybe the Mayan's knew something we didn't, and this is just the beginning. I hope not! Day 8 - still no power. The lines for gas are insane. Looking forward to better days ahead.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post
    Maybe the Mayan's knew something we didn't, and this is just the beginning. I hope not! Day 8 - still no power. The lines for gas are insane. Looking forward to better days ahead.
    What he said.....
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Just got my power back.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Drove back to Philly this morning and there were gas lines and closed stations even in NJ but lines were MUCH shorter than the ones on LI. Saw convoys of power trucks from a Missouri utility coming up Rt 1.

Hang in there guys