Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: National Weather Service Says TS Sandy a "Powerhouse...of Historical Events"

Update- Still no power, and areas around here are still a total mess, with poles snapped and transformers on the ground.
    Just got gas, took 1h15m, not terrible. But its cold out, and LIPA doesn't say anything about restoration times.
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

Hey all, we're raising money to BBQ for victims of the hurricane, hoping to give many of them their first hot food since the storm.

If you are interested in donating, please do so here... http://fundly.com/grillin-for-rockaway

If anyone wants to join us this Monday, maybe just a helping hand or to bring a grill or anything else, please let me know.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

This is crazy. They said rain then snow late afternoon but it has been all snow. And can hear the wind picking up. We got our power back Mon night and hoping we can get through this storm. A friend of ours in Syosset already lost their power which they had gotten back Sun night. Was out doing errands around 10 this morning and the Utility trucks were all over my neighborhood working. Not sure his long they will stay out. And as I write our lights just blinked! Oh well good luck to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    Hey all, we're raising money to BBQ for victims of the hurricane, hoping to give many of them their first hot food since the storm.

If you are interested in donating, please do so here... http://fundly.com/grillin-for-rockaway

If anyone wants to join us this Monday, maybe just a helping hand or to bring a grill or anything else, please let me know.
    Wish I could help, Phil, but I'll be in Chicago that day.

Big regression out here. Transformers and high voltage lines popping all over the place. Everything I can see is once again in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees368 View Post
    Big regression out here. Transformers and high voltage lines popping all over the place. Everything I can see is once again in the dark.
    Not sure where you are but same happening up in Syosset. Friend lost power there and another the same in the 5 Towns area. She said when the transformer blew it scared the "bleep" out of her it was so loud!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Not sure where you are but same happening up in Syosset. Friend lost power there and another the same in the 5 Towns area. She said when the transformer blew it scared the "bleep" out of her it was so loud!
    I'm in Woodmere. Using up the remainder of my laptop battery. It was more than a transformer, it was a high voltage line or substation to take this much out.
    It was very bright, and VERY loud. Unreal.
    I'm cold.

After 10 days of no power, heat or hot water I have relocated to my aunts in North Woodmere who up until an hour ago had power back but one has lost it again. But she has hot water so I've moved a step up.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    This is not what many of us needed. Be safe guys.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

My mom just called and said that her power went off around 8pm so she's back in the dark. Hope the second time around isn't as long

Well, at least the predicted winds were not nearly as bad... but the weight of that wet snow is just as killer on power lines :-(
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Well going on day 10 without power! I guess this is the modern version of being a cave man. This is unbelievable a modern society such as us has been brought to her knees. Stay warm and safe all.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post
    Well going on day 10 without power! I guess this is the modern version of being a cave man. This is unbelievable a modern society such as us has been brought to her knees. Stay warm and safe all.
    Just got mine back last night. It sucked! Hang in there Mark!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

take it slow everyone. where im at already has ice on the ground.
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Quote Originally Posted by yankees368 View Post
    I'm in Woodmere. Using up the remainder of my laptop battery. It was more than a transformer, it was a high voltage line or substation to take this much out.
    It was very bright, and VERY loud. Unreal.
    I'm cold.
    That's where she is and that must have been what she heard. I'm hearing lots of horror stories of people just getting power back then losing it including my son in Huntington. Last nights commute whether it was by car or rail was a nightmare. 30 minute drives into 4 hour travels. LIRR suspended service a number of times and people trapped on trains for hours. I played hooky yesterday and am doing so again. Right now heading out to start digging out from the 6 plus inches of snow we got and try to knock some of it off tree branches. There is light at the end of the tunnel with temps in the 50/60 range starting tomorrow but right now we will deal with this disaster.