Thread: World Series of Speedway Racing Oct 12-14th

World Series of Speedway Racing Oct 12-14th

Well... as in the world of baseball, the World Series brings to a close a long, demanding, and fun season. This rings true in the world of local auto racing in New England. The World Series of Speedway Racing is a three day event that brings together racers from all over the east coast and Canada in 16 different divisions for the honor of winning the coveted World Series plaque given to the winner of each division's race. As a few of my close friends on the forum know, the months from March to Oct are consumed by racing for me which is why I have not been on the forums much and I do not get out spotting as much as I'd like to. But, now that the official end of racing for the year has come, I shall now get in my fair share of spotting.

Having said that, here are some of my shots from the World Series.....

I'll start off with some ISMA Super Modifieds. These guys get upwards of 180 mph on a 5/8 mile short track, and I must say are quite insane.

NEMA Midgets....these guys are only half as insane as the ISMA guys...

My favorite NASCAR touring series....the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour

There just might have been a little bit of unburned fuel in the exhaust when he refired the engine on the #82....

PASS Super Late Models

click on any of the photos to see 300+ more photos from the weekend....more to come as well
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Really nice work, Steve! Good job. I've loved the NASCAR Modifieds since the first time I saw them at Freeport, around 1970.

Steve...........nice set! Hopefully you had a great season of racing. I'm sure you must have to bug to get out and shoot some aircraft.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Thanks moose. I prefer watching the Mods over the Cup cars any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post
    Steve...........nice set! Hopefully you had a great season of racing. I'm sure you must have to bug to get out and shoot some aircraft.
    Thanks Mark. I have had a great season and i misspoke, my season ends next week on or makeup date for a rain date. But as long as th weather clears up today I will hit PVD in the afternoon to get some of this pent up spotting desire taken care of.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

Steve, Great shots man. Looks like a lot of fun to watch.

Isaac

Nice man,I wish my photos came out that clear >.> Mine always come out so grainy :D

Not too knowledgeable about the racing world but I always love the photos that some of you guys post here!! Great work!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Thanks guys!

@Just_Lucas - anytime you wanna come up and shoot next season just let me know
    Steve Furst

View my work @

JetPhotos.net

haha thanks i live in fl and the nearest race track is Daytona and an hour drive or two from where i live :D thanks for the offer though
    Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Thanks guys!

@Just_Lucas - anytime you wanna come up and shoot next season just let me know