Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Presidential Debate

I wish I could have. I just didn't think I'd be able to move around that much on the island and get both. I hope someone did!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattimus View Post
    nice pics, anyone get romney's jet?
    Only with my eyes. Had just dropped the folks off at ISP for their flight to MCO and was the first car at the traffic light at the Vets Hwy/ Lakeland Ave intersection. I had barely stopped the car when Romney's blue & white MD80 comes screaming in front of me to land on Runway 6. Major fail!

BTW, did anyone happen to get a shot of AF1 making a RARE arrival on 13R this afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    BTW, did anyone happen to get a shot of AF1 making a RARE arrival on 13R this afternoon?
    Where was AF1 parked? Dont they usually park by the Triple Hangars? I picked my daughter up at T5 at 4PM and as we left we didnt see it anywhere around. Had my daughter looking also as i drove towards the Belt EB entrance.
    BTW a quick aside, I wish I had Marine 1 access today. With the LIE closed EB for over 12 hours today it was Traffic Hell heading out east even on the south shore. My 40 minute ride took 2 hours. Not sure why the investigation took that long but RIP NCPD Highway officer!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Where was AF1 parked? Dont they usually park by the Triple Hangars?
    No, they were only parking there when 31L was being repaved. They usually park down near Hangar 19 in normal ops.

Wish I knew about Romney's plane going into ISP. I just assumed he would go into FRG or JFK. Must've been nice to see a jet at ISP that wasn't a 737 painted blue, red and orange!
    Cessna 6MA Kennedy tower, Rwy 31L, CLEAERD TO LAND!

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    No, they were only parking there when 31L was being repaved. They usually park down near Hangar 19 in normal ops.
    Thanks John. Kinda cool I got my daughter to "spot" on the run. But it was AF1!!
    BTW, where is Hangar 19?