Thread: Photos Of Highschool Football And Pets/Animals

Photos Of Highschool Football And Pets/Animals

So reccently i started doing Sports photography..Not my favorite but Does help me with Action Shots like aviation ect (: So figured i might just upload Some highschool Football and Pet photos (: Note Most of it is JV Not varisty as my Varisty photos did not come out aswell as i hoped... Thanks for looking Feel free to Comment (::Note All my photos are shot with a Nikon D70 SLR. Also any tips Would be Greatfuly Apericated.
    Bout to Hut

My doggy happy (:

neighbor's Racoon Turning As he sees me.(The Mother Has 3 Baby's That coms to his pond.)

Thought this was funny My cat Now plays with my Dog's Tennis ball (:

This is Mosh Pit...

?

Watch your shutter speeds - the last two football shots look blurry from movement of the players, and they would both be served by tighter framing on a key area of the action, without worrying about capturing all the outlying players on the field. The first game shot is better in regards to sharpness, but there isn't a central point of interest. My eye keeps being draw to the OOF #25 on the sidelines, nicely framed between the offensive and defensive lines...

Lucas...........I have to agree with what Moose stated about a tighter crop and watching your shutter speed. Adjust your ISO and aperture as needed to maintain your desired shutter speed. Also, one thing I've read when it comes to shooting sports, zoom in on players to capture their expression.....they may be high fives, the player spiking the ball, or a players face of determination while on the line, etc. The last two football shots don't do anything for me. As for animals, capture their expressions as well, or playing in their habitat, etc.

Here are a few examples that I took at the Central Park Zoo:

From a cat show at Madison Square Garden
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Thanks all for the tips!(: Its not a bad camera with the 200M lens Guess i gotta get closer :X, and focus mostly on sharpness ect

That first shot is pretty good, as Moose and Mark said cropping well is part of the art.

Blur in sports shots can be used to good effect, but it has to help 'tell the story' if you know what I mean

I was using a D70s up until recently(when it started giving me the infamous 'CHA' error) and I loved it, but it starts to produce grainy results after ISO400 unfortunately. But when you have plenty of light it's a great camera! Like they said shutter speed is pretty important and you may want to experiment in 'S' mode to maintain speeds upwards of 1/500 to freeze action

Great raccoon shots, don't get too close to those things lol

Thanks Any idea of what i so iso i should set to?at the moment it was set at 1800.Which was too much i assumed.
    Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    That first shot is pretty good, as Moose and Mark said cropping well is part of the art.

Blur in sports shots can be used to good effect, but it has to help 'tell the story' if you know what I mean

I was using a D70s up until recently(when it started giving me the infamous 'CHA' error) and I loved it, but it starts to produce grainy results after ISO400 unfortunately. But when you have plenty of light it's a great camera! Like they said shutter speed is pretty important and you may want to experiment in 'S' mode to maintain speeds upwards of 1/500 to freeze action

Great raccoon shots, don't get too close to those things lol

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Lucas View Post
    Thanks Any idea of what i so iso i should set to?at the moment it was set at 1800.Which was too much i assumed.
    Anything above ISO 640(or 800 at the max) on the D70 is too much if you want a decent picture with an acceptable amount of grain. By acceptable I mean for my own personal tastes, yours may be different. If you are looking to have any of your aviation shots accepted by any of the major upload sites you really can't leave base ISO(200). Either that or you need to have some mad noise reduction skills

Alright thanks ill keep it in mind it was my first time using the nikon D70 And now i was using the Cannon eos rebel 300M lens..had to switch dont quite fancy cannons Rather use the nikon I didn't know how to change the iso on that camera but now i do thanks (:
    Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Anything above ISO 640(or 800 at the max) on the D70 is too much if you want a decent picture with an acceptable amount of grain. By acceptable I mean for my own personal tastes, yours may be different. If you are looking to have any of your aviation shots accepted by any of the major upload sites you really can't leave base ISO(200). Either that or you need to have some mad noise reduction skills