Thread: Pink Delta 767-400 Inbound to LGA 9/20

Pink Delta 767-400 Inbound to LGA 9/20

Delta's Pink "Breast Cancer One" Boeing 767-400 (N845MH) is flying its annual breast cancer awareness charter from Atlanta to New York-LaGuardia today.

ETA is around 12 noon ET. You can track flight 8857 here.

Here's the full press release:

Delta Dedicates 'Pink Plane' to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation® Founder Evelyn Lauder

'Breast Cancer One' employee survivor flight kicks off fundraising and awareness activities in Atlanta, New York

Employee, customer efforts result in $5 million in funds raised, 18 research projects funded since 2005

ATLANTA and NEW YORK, Sept. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Delta Air Lines' (NYSE: DAL) eighth annual "Breast Cancer One" employee survivor charter takes flight for the fight today in advance of Delta's October fundraising efforts benefiting The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. In memory of BCRF Founder Evelyn Lauder, Delta's Boeing 767-400 signature 'pink plane' will be dedicated at New York's LaGuardia airport in a presentation attended by her husband, Leonard Lauder, BCRF Acting Chairman and Chairman Emeritus of The Estee Lauder Companies, as well as BCRF staff.
    (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20090202/DELTALOGO )

"Delta's distinctive pink plane first took flight in 2005 and has flown around the world to highlight and help raise awareness and funds for lifesaving research efforts," said Joanne Smith, senior vice president – In-Flight Service. "This year, we dedicate our pink plane to the memory of BCRF founder Evelyn Lauder. We continue to be inspired by her tireless commitment and determination in the fight to find a cure for breast cancer."

The pink plane also will be painted with a welcome message: "Thank You Delta Customers and Employees. Together We Have Raised $5 Million For the Fight Against Breast Cancer."
    "The Breast Cancer Research Foundation has found it so rewarding to work with Delta because they set the bar high and share our commitment to stopping this terrible disease," said Myra Biblowit, President, BCRF. "Together, Evelyn and I led the Foundation from a small US-based organization to a dominant global funder of research that has raised over $380 million since its inception in 1993. Our progress to date is only possible thanks to the support of special partners like Delta Air Lines, its customers and its employees. Dedicating the pink plane to Evelyn in response to her dream to live in a world free of breast cancer is, by far, a unique expression that continues to reflect your committed support of BCRF's mission."

Delta's pink plane will fly from Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport to New York's LaGuardia Airport with more than 140 employee cancer survivors from 19 different departments in 35 locations around the world.

In addition to the pink plane, throughout October Delta's administrative building at its general offices will be illuminated in pink lighting in support of BCRF. Delta employees also will wear pink uniforms and sell pink products including pink lemonade and pink headsets onboard and in Delta Sky Clubs to raise awareness and support for breast cancer research. All proceeds benefit BCRF.

Delta also will donate $1 to BCRF for the first 50,000 new "Likes" on the Delta Facebook page during October. New and current fans will be able to download a customized Delta Facebook cover and profile image, highlighting their contribution to the cause.

Delta began its partnership with BCRF in 2005. Since then, employees and customers have raised more than $5 million and contributed to 18 fully funded research grants worldwide.

Delta's "Pink Plane"
    Delta's international "pink plane," a Boeing 767-400 featuring BCRF's trademarked pink ribbon logo on the tail of the aircraft and adjacent to the boarding door, has carried nearly 266,753 customers and flown nearly 10,600 hours – or approximately 1,300 trips around the world – since being painted pink in May 2010. The aircraft flies international routes and will raise awareness for BCRF in Brazil, England, Germany, Russia and the United States this year. Delta's first pink plane was a Boeing 757 that between 2005 and 2010 flew throughout the United States, Latin America and the Caribbean to generate awareness for the cause.

About The Breast Cancer Research Foundation
    The Breast Cancer Research Foundation®, founded by Evelyn H. Lauder in 1993, is an independent not-for-profit organization committed to funding scientific research to achieve prevention and a cure for breast cancer in our lifetime. In October 2012, BCRF will award $40 million to 197 scientists across the United States, Canada, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Australia, and China. With 91 cents of every dollar spent by BCRF directed towards breast cancer research and awareness programs, BCRF remains one of the most fiscally responsible charities in the country. For the tenth time since 2002, it has earned 4 stars from Charity Navigator. Additionally, BCRF is the only cancer organization rated an "A+" by CharityWatch. For more information about BCRF, visit www.bcrfcure.org.

About Delta
    Delta Air Lines serves more than 160 million customers each year. During the past year, Delta was named domestic "Airline of the Year" by the readers of Travel Weekly magazine, was named the "Top Tech-Friendly U.S. Airline" by PCWorld magazine for its innovation in technology, won the Business Travel News Annual Airline Survey and was the recipient of 12 Executive Travel Magazine Leading Edge Awards for U.S. airlines. With an industry-leading global network, Delta and theDelta Connection carriers offer service to more than 330 destinations in 61 countries on six continents. Headquartered in Atlanta, Delta employs 80,000 employees worldwide and operates a mainline fleet of more than 700 aircraft. A founding member of the SkyTeam global alliance, Delta participates in the industry's leadingtrans-Atlantic joint venture with Air France-KLM and Alitalia. Including its worldwide alliance partners, Delta offers customers more than 13,000 daily flights, with hubs in Amsterdam, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, Memphis, Minneapolis-St. Paul, New York-LaGuardia, New York-JFK, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Salt Lake City andTokyo-Narita. The airline's service includes the SkyMiles frequent flier program, a world-class airline loyalty program; the award-winning BusinessElite service; and more than 50 Delta Sky Clubs in airports worldwide. Delta is investing more than $3 billion through 2013 in airport facilities and global products, services and technology to enhance the customer experience in the air and on the ground. Customers can check in for flights, print boarding passes, check bags and review flight status at delta.com.

SOURCE Delta Air Lines
    Last edited by Matt Molnar; 2012-09-21 at 03:35 PM. Reason: corrected reg
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

All I needed was five more seconds and I would have gotten an excellent shot of it in great light but instead I pulled an epic spotting fail. It took me over 45 mins to get there from Lawrence because of all the construction on the Van Wyck and the GCP. It only took me the usual 20 mins to get back to write this. Meanwhile, it looks like I missed one of the UN visitors to JFK
    Last edited by megatop412; 2012-09-20 at 12:29 PM.

Gotta LOVE the Van Wyck !!!
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

Van Wyck is the world's best highway... seemingly nothing major ever happens on it yet it is usually so congested, you can get pregnant and have a baby traveling from one end to the other!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

On my way to pick up someone from LGA I saw the Zero G 727 on approach to 4. If I had left 5 mins earlier...

Apparently it'll be doing a Zero G flight on Saturday if anyone has $5,000 burning a hole in your pocket.

https://www.gozerog.com/index.cfm?fu...B771EE7CB92285
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Un-friggin believable. All I needed was 5 more seconds. And to make it worse, my camera designated this image 'DSC_0764.JPG'.

The filename alone is a major win.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

DSC_0764 stands for

Delta
    Search for the
    Cure

-

Too cool William, I like how you handled it. Ask Phil and Jason how I handled the last failed catch! LOL
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

William that is just too funny. Even your camera is teasing you.

Here are a couple of mine from yesterday, will post some more of the inbound when I have time. The light was just awful and for some reason the Captain seemed to be in a big hurry to get back to ATL as the Big Bird came flying down Alpha making good shots even harder. However I was fortunate to have a pretty good location to shoot from.

And thanks to Gotham Spotter for the heads up this Beauty was coming and to Phil D for the upload tips.

Cheers

LGA777

Very nice, Ron!

Nice shots
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

Thank You, a few more departure shots.

Note the "Pink" Main Gear Doors in the last photo. Sorry about the quality of some of these, again "Awful" light and learning a new camera.

Cheers

LGA777

Here are some arrival shots from the dock across the Bay from LGA, again the light only partially co-operated.

I realize the quality is crap but just thought it was worth sharing.

Turning off Runway 4 with two Delta Special Schemes in one shot as 737-832 N3765 is about to take position on 13.

I happen to like the background in this shot.

What are the chances, the current smallest Boeing to serve LGA (737-600) with the largest together, the background is just gravy.

Approaching Delta Terminal D.

My last one to bore you guys with, turning into the alley, note the very full jetway awaiting its arrival far left of photo. So wish the sun wasn't hiding.

I hope some of you enjoyed my very spur of the moment coverage of this LGA Special Visitor.

Cheers

LGA777

Very nice, Ron! That's a great perspective. Thanks for sharing those, certainly not boring to look at!