Thread: Two Planes Isolated At John F. Kennedy Airport After Phone Threat

Two Planes Isolated At John F. Kennedy Airport After Phone Threat

Hopefully this is just another hoax but you gotta love the geniuses in the media.

Last time I checked, Helsinki is in Finland (hint FINAIR) and by the way, it is FINNAIR 5. FIN55 is a HEL-Chongqing, China flight!
    AA524 is a TUS-DFW-MKE S80 flight. It is actually AA24.

Developing Story (credit: CBSNewYork)

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/09/...-phone-threat/

Filed under

News

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) –Authorities are investigating a security scare at John F. Kennedy Airport.
    Two planes have been moved to an isolated section of the airport and the Port Authority is probing the situation.
    The two jets moved to isolated areas of John F. Kennedy Airport as federal agents investigate.
    JFK Airport received an anonymous phone threat concerning two flights, sources told CBS 2. Those flights are American Airlines Flight 524 from San Francisco and FinAir Flight 55 from Helsinki, Sweeden.

Both flights landed at about 3:45 p.m. at JFK. So far, pilots are reporting nothing amiss, sources told CBS 2.

They are off to the side while PD an authorities check on any problems inside.
    Stay with CBSNewYork.com for more information as details become available…
    Cessna 6MA Kennedy tower, Rwy 31L, CLEAERD TO LAND!

ALL CLEAR now....
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Threat was phoned in to Port Authority and mentioned terrorists hiding in the wheel wells.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Fox 5 reporting that this was part of a national hoax with multiple threats of hijackings, but they did not say where the other threats occurred.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Ugh, just what we need, more false alarms where regular folk like us will get the short end of the stick!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter View Post
    Fox 5 reporting that this was part of a national hoax with multiple threats of hijackings, but they did not say where the other threats occurred.
    Wonder if this is related to the bomb threat hoaxes that are being called into Universitys throughout the country since Friday!! Could be a campaign of terror by disrupting our daily lifes!!

They just making things even more hard for us spotters....SMH

It was the first day of the Jewish New Year as well. I was spotting yesterday and soaking-up some final rays of summer at Coney Island. I suspected something was amiss as JFK suddenly stopped the 13L arrivals. Sadly, so many "sickos" out there; no wonder spotting nowadays is so challenging. These pieces of crap must get a high from making false reports. Remember at the start of summer, when it was reported that a small craft capsized off Sandy Hook and passengers went missing?

Boy, I hope they had good Parkas...

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Wonder if this is related to the bomb threat hoaxes that are being called into Universitys throughout the country since Friday!! Could be a campaign of terror by disrupting our daily lifes!!
    Very short version: Yes
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter View Post
    Threat was phoned in to Port Authority and mentioned terrorists hiding in the wheel wells.
    Report was explosives on board in wheel well of AA 847(?) which ended up at Terminal 8. The other AA flight and the Fin Air flight were pulled as a misunderstanding between PAPD and FBI. Got to love the communications...
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Fasil and I were out the mounds when this happened, didn't hear a word of it though as I was tuned to Tower...I guess the com clip they played on the news was with Ground