Thread: Smiley Jack Arrival

Smiley Jack Arrival

Saw arrival on Rwy 22 at 1313 of a sure sign of Kids Day. It was US Airways retro PSA. Some call her Smiley Jack. The aircraft has been very busy today, flying after LGA down to DCA, then up to BOS then back to DCA. Hopefully, she'll return to LGA to be featured again in Kids Day.
    Last edited by Speedbird1; 2012-09-14 at 07:42 PM.

Yes Speedbird1 US had 742 on the Shuttle today and is planned to be US's display aircraft again at Kids Day. I hope you have a great time their. Cheers LGA777

To my surprise, that aircraft made 7 trips yesterday as I posted on Kids' Day. It departed LGA after I saw it arrive about 1417 and flew on to DCA, then back to LGA arriving about 2200. Amazing. Were these flights scheduled or special flights? It is rare to see 7 flights in 1 day. Same crew for all 7?

An A-319 on a weekday Shuttle line usually does 8 flights ( 4 round-trips) with two crews changing usually early afternoon.

Yup. I spoke to the captain, and he said it's normal for the aircraft to even do up to 10 shuttle flights/day. Amazing. So far, the aircraft is resting and is still at LGA. A well-deserved rest I might add.

742 is sleeping in today, not doing its first departure until 1200N, then doing 2 DCA round trips, the 2000 departure to DCA, then 1 last run up to BDL from DCA scheduled to arrive there at 2311 this evening, routing's as always subject to change. Cheers LGA777