Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: United Nations General Assembly Sept 18-28‏

UN Week Arrivals/Departures 2012(running thread)

If anybody gets info on any VIP movements just post it here.

I'll start.

Today 9/17

GIA1 Garuda A330 is coming up from Baltimore, Arrival time was 9:16AM, now being delayed. ETA: unknown.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Eric, that flight has been on Flightaware every day since Saturday. I went to JFK just for it, and it never appeared, then it was on again yesterday.

JFK is now on 31s.which side VIPs usually land? I know AF1 always lands on 31L.

GIA1 just landed I think. They switched back to the 22s and just sow an A330-300 I am not familiar with.

I am so mad right now I wanna go and beat everyone at tower.

Fasil,

Look on the bright side, have you caught anything exciting this morning? Being at JFK sure beats the hell out of 6 hours of chemistry lectures!

Oh hell ya I just shot N841MH and Tam star Alliance along with transaero this morning.

Guys please try and keep this thread just for arrival and departure info if you can. Thanks
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

The TFR is posted. Republic Admin has sent out a blast email to all tennants.

To: Republic Airport Tenants & Users/Operators
    Assistant Airport Manager
    Date: September 17, 2012
    RE: New York Area Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) Main Terminal Ramp Closure
    The purpose of this memorandum is to notify all tenants of a Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) that will be in effect for the New York Area from Tuesday, September 18th through Friday,
    September 28th, from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily. It is strongly recommended that pilot visit the FAA website and review the entire TFR and applicable NOTAMs before conducting flight operations during this period, as they are subject to change.
    As a result of this TFR, special security procedures will be in effect at Republic Airport from Monday, September 24th through Tuesday, September 25th, from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily. Please note that the Main Terminal Ramp will be closed during this period to all unauthorized aircraft, vehicles and personnel.

I don't know who or what is coming in next Monday/Tuesday, but sounds like it might be a good day to not wander around FRG with a long lens?
    Passengers should NEVER leave babies in an infant carrier while it goes through the X-ray machine"
    --TSA.GOV website

I wouldn't necessarily assume anything special is coming into FRG. In the past, they have used FRG - the main terminal ramp in particular - to pre-clear aircraft and helicopters entering the TFR around NYC. You'll see a variety of private aircraft/helicopters park on the ramp, and SCPD (and probably a few others from the security alphabet soup) will verify the crew/pax and inspect the aircraft. I doubt anyone would bother you - you might get a few looks if you are in the terminal parking lot, but not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily assume anything special is coming into FRG. In the past, they have used FRG - the main terminal ramp in particular - to pre-clear aircraft and helicopters entering the TFR around NYC. You'll see a variety of private aircraft/helicopters park on the ramp, and SCPD (and probably a few others from the security alphabet soup) will verify the crew/pax and inspect the aircraft. I doubt anyone would bother you - you might get a few looks if you are in the terminal parking lot, but not much else.
    I believe they are doing the same at Westchester from copters coming in from the North like they did last year.

Westchester is NOT a Gateway. There are 2 gateways into NYC...FRG (Republic Airport) & LDJ (Linden Airport in NJ).

Moose is right, the Main Terminal area will be for aircraft/crew/pax screening. Nobody special (VP, etc) is coming to FRG....that we know of.

In the past the Turks have kept their aircraft at Sheltair while their delegation was in town, but I do not remember the aircraft being here last year. I believe they rested the aircraft in ISP.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    The Turks were at Stewart last year.

Quote Originally Posted by MSN007 View Post
    GIA1 just landed I think. They switched back to the 22s and just sow an A330-300 I am not familiar with.
    Sorry folks GIA1 did not land today. It turned out that was Brussels A330 I wasn't familiar with and with the disappearance from flightaware I thought that was the one. Thank god I will have another chance to shoot it again.

This Weekend - 9/22, 9/23

Hi, guys.

In anticipation of this coming weekend's potentially busy schedule, I have planned to come out both Saturday and Sunday. I talked to Nick, who said he'd be out as much as possible, and I presume the "usual" band of miscreants will show up as well.

Here's hoping for 31s or 22s, as I think it's a blast when there's a whole slew of us at Panera or the Mounds.

Just curious who has definitely alotted time to this weekend. I'll be dragging my girlfriend along (I haven't taken her spotting yet this year so she's willing to humor me all weekend).

TIS
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM