Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: United Nations General Assembly Sept 18-28‏

Strange. I live in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn. I wasn't even spotting yesterday but heard engines and saw a B747SP overhead at 1630. I was on the corner waiting for car service. The tail appeared red so I assumed it was a Qantas B747SP in for the GA. I searched and found it was flight IYE 7000 from JFK to Andrews. Yemenia Airways. Cool. Wish I had a camera with a telephoto lens but those days are over for me. I could never take the great photos posted here as I have no car but as a retiree; I got plenty of free time!

As usual, excellent shots. This is what makes spotting such a thrill; seeing these aircraft, some mysterious, arrive and depart un-scheduled. Thanks again for sharing with those who are unable. Seeing Iran Air B747SP must be like finding a rare coin in your change for a numismatist. Still awaiting word on the Australian aircraft and how can I get the tail #s on all these aircraft? They are impossible to see on most of the photos. Somebody please post the tail #s so we can search for the flights. Thanks so much!

SP's never get old.

I got to walk through the AA SP's at Marana when they came from TWA in the 80's.

ALL of the shots and subjects are great, good coverage as always.

AJ
    Pull back and the houses get smaller!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1 View Post
    Strange. I live in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn. I wasn't even spotting yesterday but heard engines and saw a B747SP overhead at 1630. I was on the corner waiting for car service. The tail appeared red so I assumed it was a Qantas B747SP in for the GA. I searched and found it was flight IYE 7000 from JFK to Andrews. Yemenia Airways. Cool. Wish I had a camera with a telephoto lens but those days are over for me. I could never take the great photos posted here as I have no car but as a retiree; I got plenty of free time!
    Yes apparently the Yemeni President is speaking at a conference here in Washington from 1pm to 2pm. I am planing to head out this afternoon for his departure.

GIA1 en-route to JFK again...

Garuda apparently arrived at JFK this morning on Rwy 22R at 1130. Hope to see some photos and tail # for the A333. Once flew out to LAX to see Garuda, Philippines, Air New Zealand as well as the other Asian carriers but Garuda eluded me even from the Observation Deck atop the Theme Bldg.

I saw a THAI A345 come over last night around 1030pm from Stewart Airport to JFK? Is that for this Assembly week as well?

(Ok - answer is yes, just found on google) but why are they coming from Stewart?
    Last edited by nexpos; 2012-09-28 at 02:05 PM.

A lot of countries drop off their VIP and then head out to park for the week elsewhere.
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1 View Post
    Wish I had a camera with a telephoto lens but those days are over for me.
    Yup same here Speedbird. Used to have this great Pentax with an 85-210 Zoom back in the 80/90s. Loved that bad boy. Now I use a Canon PowerShot with a 4X zoom lens. Little
    bugger fits right into my pocket and I'm good to go. Oh it doesnt take the beautiful, crystal clear in your face pictures the guys here take but thats fine by me. Love those pics but I love the
    shots I take and I'm not looking to put them up on A.net, J.net or WTF.net!!! You write about using a point and shoot do you have one of those or just a disposable? There are plenty on the market and are reasonably priced.

Quote Originally Posted by nexpos View Post
    I saw a THAI A345 come over last night around 1030pm from Stewart Airport to JFK? Is that for this Assembly week as well?

(Ok - answer is yes, just found on google) but why are they coming from Stewart?
    SWF provides a huge, cheap safe parking lot. Has a military RWY with beautiful scenery nearby Across the river, you have some of the world's best food (The C.I.A. for one)
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Does anyone know if the Ethiopian 757 left JFK yet? Last I saw, she was still here as of 9/28 in the afternoon.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post
    Does anyone know if the Ethiopian 757 left JFK yet? Last I saw, she was still here as of 9/28 in the afternoon.
    left last night.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

State of Kuwait A319

Frankenplane. Aeromexico 737 with an old United nose?
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees368 View Post
    Frankenplane. Aeromexico 737 with an old United nose?
    Looks like an old AeroMexico nose.
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Looks like the Qatar A310 is back from IAD. Either about to land on the 4's, or just departed the 4's, Planefinder is being a bit glitchy

Looks like he was departing, although the little circle he did was odd http://planefinder.net/flight/QAF008
    Last edited by NickPeterman; 2012-09-29 at 08:22 PM.