Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: KCLT - Charlotte/Douglas Airport, On-Going Thread

There's a Compass flight now? nice, I haven't seen one in ages.

I love those last few shots. I'm definitely looking forward to pushing the limits on the 7D2, last time I was out there I was capped by the 1D3's max usable limit of ISO 3200.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Probably after 2 or so. Sun should be right down the runway at Noon, so give it a couple of hours to swing around. Sunset is around 5:15, although if they are landing 18C, the touchdown zone ends up in shade before that, as the area around the overview is raised above the runway.

If if I don't head up to NY for Christmas, I'll look to meet. Up with you.
    Sounds good. If the weather isn't terrible, I plan on being there around 2, I'm currently in Charleston WV and will begin driving shortly.

The weather is terrible...it's been raining on and off all morning. Technically VFR, but 3K overcast all day.

Not great spotting weather this weekend, but there were a couple of special visitors, and I got to meet up with Felipe for a bit today.

Aeronaves TSM MD-83 - this bird has seen service with a number of operators, including TWA and AA. AA sent it to the desert in 2005, and in October, it returned to service with Aeronaves after being converted to a freighter.

The FBO ramp at CLT. The Delta A319 departed for MEM shortly after I took this. It looks like it was for the Utah Jazz NBA team. They played the Charlotte Hornets last night, and play in Memphis tomorrow night.

UA 753 brought the NFL Cleveland Browns in to play the Carolina Panthers.

A few from the overview, where I ran into Felipe this afternoon.

First time I've caught the new Southwest colors.

A few from when I met up with Moose earlier today.

Delivered 11DEC14

Technically not a plane, but Gen II Vipers fly with all 4 tires on the ground.

The answer to one of your questions

Last edited by felipegcmh; 2014-12-22 at 12:58 AM.

Good to see you today, Felipe! That Viper is out at the overview all the time.

It was 60 degrees today - yes, as a New Yorker, 60 degrees two days after Christmas doesn't make sense to me either - and I spent a few hours out at the overview.

While we get Republic E-170s as US Airways Express all day long, we only get mainline US Airways E-190s on Saturdays, and they usually end up on Runway 23, so I was happy to catch one on 18C.

FRG fans will recognize this bird - it used to run the Atlantic City charter flights, operated by Charter Air Transport. It now operates under their Via Air subsidiary, offering daily service between CLT and Beckley, WV.

Interesting business jet arriving at CLT today, N872MK, a Beechjet 400. It carries an image of Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton, a moonshiner and bootlegger from western North Carolina. In 2009, Sutton committed suicide rather than report to prison after a conviction on moonshining charges. Singer Hank Williams, Jr. and Sutton's widow later partnered to distill and distribute "Popcorn Sutton's Tennessee White Whiskey".

US A321 in AA colors at the CLT FBO, preparing to take the Carolina Panthers to Atlanta to play the Falcons.

Nice afternoon light on this Dash-8 departing.

A closer look reveals a familiar face in the F/O seat...

Beckley? I wonder if they're doing EAS flights. I saw that Brasilia around the ramp both days when I was there last week, but I never saw it fly.

Lord I need to get back out to CLT soon. Maybe Thursday. Great catches as of late John and Felipe!
    Adam Sheinhaus

Quote Originally Posted by felipegcmh View Post
    Beckley? I wonder if they're doing EAS flights. I saw that Brasilia around the ramp both days when I was there last week, but I never saw it fly.
    Yes, they are EAS flights.

Quote Originally Posted by adscram14 View Post
    Lord I need to get back out to CLT soon. Maybe Thursday. Great catches as of late John and Felipe!
    You may want to be here this weekend - we may see a Delta 744 with the Arizona Cardinals for the NFL playoff game. It would be interesting to get a shot of it together with the US Cardinals scheme 319.
    Last edited by moose135; 2014-12-29 at 11:45 PM.

Just one for me today as I chased her all over the field.

Adam Sheinhaus

Last spotting trip of the year on New Year's Eve.

I had to wait until sunset, but I caught the new US Airways Heritage jet. It's the current US colors with AA titles added, on N578UW, the last A321 delivered in US colors earlier this year.

Looks like the Google Street View car paid a visit to the overview. I'll have to look for myself there in the future!

First day of the year, and the first spotting visit to CLT brought big results.

Three of the US Airways heritage jets, now with AA titles. America West was also there today, but sneaked out on a different runway.

PSA is getting a bunch of these new CRJ-900s, and we are seeing them at CLT.

The highlight of the day - the US Airways Nevada scheme. I've been chasing this for a while, and it has managed to elude me until today.

The Carolina Panthers found their way into the NFL playoffs, and are hosting the Arizona Cardinals this afternoon. The Cardinals arrived on this Delta 744.