Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: KCLT - Charlotte/Douglas Airport, On-Going Thread

Felipe, since you'll be in Charlatto for the 4th, try to snag some Knights tickets. They may be pretty expensive on StubHub but they usually have the best fireworks in the metro (although they're in a new ballpark this year).
    Adam Sheinhaus

A couple more "Not CLT" shots...got home from my Atlanta ride this afternoon, and after watching the recording of the NASCAR race from Daytona (it was rained out Saturday night and run today, ending around 3pm) I took a ride up to Concord to see if I might catch any of the team aircraft still arriving.

Saab 2000 of Joe Gibbs Racing

Stewart Haas Racing CRJ-200

You may remember the SHR CRJ - I shot it in June 2013 at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (KAVP) during the Pocono race weekend. Clearly it's gotten new colors.

Catching up on the past couple of weeks...

It's almost the end of the line for 734s at US.

AA 738 in new colors.

New PSA CRJ-900, flying for US Airways Express, in new AA colors.

Aeronexus Boeing 767, wearing South African registration ZS-DJI on the ramp at CLT. She flew the Liverpool FC team to the US for the Guinness International Champions Cup tournament. Liverpool plays AC Milan at the Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte next Saturday. Earlier this year, she wore special markings while being used for the Rolling Stones tour.

Those last two shots are great, very nice work!

The last 2 are pretty cool. I'm still missing Panthers.

That's a nice looking CRJ too. I saw the first 3 Mesa planes that got painted when I was in Phoenix and they really look nice. This plane then has that "new plane" shine as well.

Is there a retirement date set for the 734s? I'm starting to think about heading down there again for Labor Day, as opposed to going to the Cleveland airshow, and I'll be happy to see those guys still flying.

From my trip in May (I finished editing this set at a Starbucks in Tempe, while I waited for my hotel room to be ready, and on that note, if you ever get the chance to do summer spoting at PHX around noon, just don't; the Starbucks is a far cooler hangout).

Thanks, guys! Felipe, if you visit on Labor Day weekend, you'll miss the US 734s. They are planning a final, celebratory revenue flight on Tuesday, August 19 - Flight US 0737, routing CLT-DFW-PHL-CLT.

And now, a few daytime shots...

AA has stopped flying to CLT with Eagle RJs - adding mainline flights, and I think, shifting some routes to US Express. We now see the 738, A319, and MD-83 on a regular basis.

Wow. That was fast. When they retired the 733s from PHX they thinned the fleet down to 2 or so over the course of a few months, so I was expecting to see them a bit longer. I'm going to look at maybe going on the weekend of the 16th, but we'll see, it's a 7h drive for me, so we'll see.

Nice shots Moose, Love the Cactus A330 !

Rich B

Some nice catches Moose, especially the SA reg in CLT. Great light on the dash 8 shot.

Nice panning on the Piedmont retro Felip.

Went out to the Overview this afternoon, hoping to catch N822AW (US Airways Nevada scheme) and N329EN (first Piedmont Dash-8 in American Eagle colors), both of which were in and out several times today. Both managed to elude me - only got a couple of distant shots of Nevada, the Dash was 1 1/2 hours late departing, with no updated time listed, when I called it quits. The Spotting Gods were good to me however - Insel Air, which operates one flight into CLT from Curacao on Saturdays, and almost always uses 18L, departed on 18C...

Great catch Moose! I'd love to catch Insel at CLT. I looks like you really lucked out with the clouds, really nice contrast.

InselAir used 18C last Saturday when I was out there, and then JetBlue on Sunday. I was very pleased.

Took a ride out to CLT after work today (first day in a week that the sun was out...) to catch this Kalitta Air 742. It is being used by North Carolina based relief organization Samaritan’s Purse is airlifting protective equipment and supplies to Africa to help fight the Ebola outbreak.

First US A330 to get new colors was in and out of CLT today.

And a Piedmont Dash-8 wearing new colors as well.

Nice shots of the A330 and the Dash 8 Moose!

Rich B

Great catches!!

Markus
    Life is About Kicking Ass, not Kissing It

Visit Munich Aviation Spotters and Runway26 Productions on Facebook