Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: KCLT - Charlotte/Douglas Airport, On-Going Thread

NIce shots! looks like y'all got some spring green starting to pop out there in southern NC!

Spring has definitely come to CLT. It was 70 on Sunday when I shot those, and today it's supposed to touch 80.

Moose with the Spring schedule change the 4 US A-330's arrive from LHR, CDG, and 2 from FRA. GIG is back to the 767 for now but with 3 new A332's arriving between June and October that will hopefully change. Oh and nice shots.

LGA777

Thanks, Ron! And thanks for the update on the schedule.

Those landing A330's look awesome Moose. CLT is like looking at a lot of the PHL traffic...except you guys have an overlook.

After a long week at work, a little aviation therapy was called for Friday evening. It helped that it was 80 degrees with a gentle breeze...

On Saturday, we had a couple of interesting visitors. This C-21A, 84-0079 was in from the Michigan Air National Guard in Battle Creek.

This Swift Air 734 brought the Milwaukee Bucks to play the Charlotte Bobcats tonight.

Moose, is it true starting Sunday April 14 (tomorrow) the Air Tran flights at CLT finally revert to Southwest metal?
    If so wishing you lots of new Special Schemes to shoot.

LGA777

That's correct, Ron. I'm planning to spend some time out there tomorrow, and need to check the schedule tonight to see when they will be in. It will be nice to catch some of their specials, since it's so tough to shoot at ISP.

Sunday wasn't a great day for spotting, but it marked the first regularly scheduled Southwest flights into CLT, so I was out for a while. The first arrival was around 9:30am and back out a little after 10. I missed those, then as I was heading to the airport, I heard an RJ blew a tire, and 18C (the one that the Overlook, well, overlooks...) was closed - I think it happened around the time of the first WN arrival. I got out there a little before Noon, and sure enough, they were still sweeping the runway. The second WN arrival came in on the right side, so here's a shot of him crossing 18C with runway cleanup in progress.

They are using a gate near where AA and Eagle park. I heard that in a few months, AA will move to the US terminal, and that WN may take over those gates and expand CLT ops.

The runway reopened just before his departure, but he still ended up going off the left side. The 3pm flight landed on the right side as well, as there was line of departures waiting on the center, but finally(!) they used 18C to depart.

A few other things from Sunday. There are still a few of these Chautauqua RJs with Continental Express titles.

I wasn't expecting to see this guy, but I heard it was a divert into CLT, not sure why.

Falcon 2000 owned by a local financial services company (not mine!) Listening to tower giving taxi instructions was like something out of Airplane!:
    "505 Romeo Romeo, turn right on taxiway Romeo."
    "Roger, 505 Romeo Romeo, right on Romeo..."

And one for Ron!

Great shot of 505RR, Moose! She had departed my local here in Ft. Worth that morning after the race. I watched them loading up, but didn't stick around for the departure.

Good stuff!

Great shots, John. Wish I could have been in town this weekend! I flew on 744P to JFK a few years ago--nice to see it on center for once!
    Adam Sheinhaus

I almost forgot this was going to be here today. I was down near the airport after work on other business, and remembered that the NY Knicks would be here to play the Bobcats. That means MSG's 734 was in town:

Star Alliance A319s

Always enjoy seeing CLT shot from you guys, makes me miss my former employer.
    I suppose the Star Alliance liveried ones will be some of the 1st to be repainted whenever that does begin. BTW are there still any 757's in the Star livery?

Quote Originally Posted by DHG750R View Post
    Always enjoy seeing CLT shot from you guys, makes me miss my former employer.
    I suppose the Star Alliance liveried ones will be some of the 1st to be repainted whenever that does begin. BTW are there still any 757's in the Star livery?
    No 757s left in the Star colors, unfortunately!
    Adam Sheinhaus

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    After a long week at work, a little aviation therapy was called for Friday evening. It helped that it was 80 degrees with a gentle breeze...

This is beautiful, Moose! Perfect light and background and such rich colors! One of the most striking aviation photos I've seen in a while.

Good job on the elusive N37NY. I've been trying to get that one but haven't had luck. I think it's still based at ABE but I never saw it on any of my trips down there.