Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: KCLT - Charlotte/Douglas Airport, On-Going Thread

We've had some cool stuff show up at CLT, but today's visitor is the current leader for Catch of the Year...

Dubai Air Wing / Royal Flight 747-400

We're not sure why it's here - one rumor is that one of the princes in the Dubai royal family has been attending UNC Charlotte and just graduated, so he's heading home, but there's no confirmation of that. In any case, it's a great catch!

John .... awesome catches sir! CLT looks like it definitely has more action than JFK these days. Lots of variety to say the least. Keep em coming!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

We had an AirX Charter A340 drop in to Charlotte today. AirX is out of Malta, and they were carrying the Borussia Dortmund soccer team for a match Sunday against Liverpool F.C. in the International Champions Cup.

A Virgin Atlantic A340 brought Liverpool in from the UK early this morning - they arrived at 6:15am, and departed three hours later. Needless to say, I didn't catch it. The game is Sunday afternoon, and hopefully I'll get to shoot the AirX (and maybe whatever picks up Liverpool) when they depart.

After beating Liverpool FC this afternoon, Borussia Dortmund heads to Pittsburgh for their next game in the International Champions Cup.

Man I love green on planes. That X A340 wears it well. Great takeoff shots Sir Moose

Flying down to Charlotte tomorrow for a few days in part for work. Looking fwd to getting a few photos at CLT!

Caught this USA Jet DC-9-32 on the cargo ramp. She was built in 1976, making her 42 years old, and was originally delivered to the Kuwait Air Force as a VIP transport.

The real reason I was out at CLT today - the New England Patriots arrived for a Friday night game against the Panthers. The registration, N36NE, is blocked on FlightAware, but checking flights between PVD and CLT for today, there was one listed as UDG4322 on a 763. Turns out they use the call sign "Underdog".

The G-Men are in the house! The NY Giants play the Carolina Panthers on Sunday. The team charter was a UA 764 (which arrived earlier than I thought) but team co-owner Steve Tisch's Gulfstream G-IV arrived later this afternoon.

Took a ride to CLT this afternoon to get a few shots of the Antonov that showed up at 2am.

While we were shooting the Antonov, I saw something unusual arriving on 36R and I realized it was the Orbis Flying Eye Hospital DC-10!!! Orbis operates this aircraft in developing countries to provide eye care, as well as to teach local doctors. It is a state-of-the-art facility with operating rooms and teaching areas. This aircraft was donated to Orbis by FedEx, who also provide maintenance. It replaced an earlier DC-10, also donated by FedEx. In 2009, the older DC-10 was at LGA for several days, and a group of us got to tour it and see the onboard medical facilities - I think a few folks here were on that tour.

Another interesting visitor to CLT this weekend - Nolinor 737-300. Nolinor is a Montreal-based charter operator, and they flew the Laval Rocket minor league hockey team in to play the Charlotte Checkers.

Also at CLT on Sunday - Hawaiian A330 charter for the Seattle Seahawks, who played the Carolina Panthers Sunday afternoon. HA flies the Seahawks and Oakland Raiders, so when I saw the Seahawks would be in town this season, I made sure to watch for this one. I caught one of their 767s a few years ago when the Raiders were in town.

That Rocket logo only on the port side? Why not both I wonder...

Made our first spotting trip of the new year this past Sunday - 65 degrees and sunny was too much to pass up!

In early December, Contour replaced Via Air flying the EAS flights to Beckley, WV and other places.

He was only going to DFW, but they used a whole lot of runway getting out of CLT!

Delta brought one of their new Airbus A220s (formerly known as the Bombardier CS100) into CLT a couple of times today on proving runs. Interestingly enough, under the nose, ahead of the nose gear, they have the type marked as CS100.

Nice catch John!!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/