Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: KCLT - Charlotte/Douglas Airport, On-Going Thread

Another day, another Antonov.

Also, LH replaced the usual A330 with an A346 for Monday's Munich flight:

Thanks to the storm you folks in the Northeast are enjoying, we got a few interesting diversions into CLT today.

AA Flight 67 from Barcelona to JFK, scheduled into JFK around 12:30pm, diverted down to CLT. We don't get many 777s in town, so it was a sight to see.

US Coast Guard HC-130J out of Elizabeth City, NC not far from the Outer Banks, escaping the storm.

Not sure if this was storm related or not, it's a Lockheed L-100, civilian version of the C-130 transport. It's registered to a leasing company in Kalispell, MT - I've seen stuff like that before for Secret Squirrel operations, and the plane is blocked from tracking on FlightAware.

OMG
    Nice shot :) Lucky you! I never was able to get that C-130 when it has Prescott titles on it. Every time I had a chance that blasted Comco 757 would Come in instead.

Senga

Thank you, Senga!

So, we never get an AA 777 into CLT, except we have had two in this week. In addition to the diversion on Thursday, today we had one come in to pick up the Carolina Panthers NFL team to fly them to Sunday's playoff game in New Orleans.

The Dallas Mavericks are in town to play the Charlotte Hornets tonight. The Mavericks are one of the few teams that use their own aircraft, rather than charter with an airline.

Drove past the Wilson FBO and was surprised to find this Luftwaffe Global 5000 on the ramp! Never seen these guys down here before. Not sure what they were up to, but it appears they departed shortly after I got these.

Michael Jordan's G-V was on the Wilson ramp as well this afternoon.

And another Antonov...seems like these are getting to be regulars at CLT. This one flew in from Charleston Saturday night. I heard they had flown a deicing truck in to CHS.

Fueling Up on the Wilson FBO ramp

Miami Air 737 at Wilson. They were flying a plane load of Duke Energy workers down to Puerto Rico.

Awesome catch of the L100, weren't there a few up in Alaska flying for Lynden Air Cargo? Or so I seem to remember

Blueprint came in from BOS on Friday afternoon.

LH Sharkskin also dropped in.

Mitsubishi MU-2

Another Miami Air 738 in town on Saturday. Based on tracking, it looks like it flew the Miami Heat in to play the Charlotte Hornets.

We had a World Atlantic Airlines MD-83 drop in this afternoon. We get them in for charters every once in a while. This one departed for Aruba this afternoon. In the first photo, you can see the work progress on A-Concourse.

Nice shots John. Any chance this one was a prisoner or immigration transport? I do see enforcement in one of the windows.
    Last edited by SengaB; 2018-01-23 at 10:21 PM.

Thanks, Senga! A friend in airport ops said it was a charter flight, it operated out of the terminal, and he said it would be making the return trip in a few days.

Thanks for filling that in. This is always a nice one to get considering the MD-80s are not being used as much.

Senga

We had a National Cargo 747 visit CLT this morning.

We had an Aeronaves TSM DC-9-30 drop in to CLT this afternoon. They are a Mexico-based cargo charter operator, and have been flying for DHL. This aircraft was originally delivered to KLM in 1968.