Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: KCLT - Charlotte/Douglas Airport, On-Going Thread

Great shots as usual, John. I'm disappointed in myself not getting out to CLT that much this summer, but it's been crazy busy. Hope to be out there later this month with some luck for 838AW.
    Adam Sheinhaus

Thanks, Adam! Hope to see you out at CLT soon - well, I guess when you're back from Seattle...

Not CLT, but just up the road at Concord Regional Airport (JQF) on Sunday afternoon. Concord is home to most of the NASCAR team aircraft. Aerodynamics Inc. is doing race charter work for BK Racing on the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. It had arrived from CVG this afternoon, following Saturday night's race at the Kentucky Speedway. It departed for Grand Rapids (GRR) shortly afterwards.

I can't find much on this Falcon 2000EX - it's blocked on FlightAware, so I don't know where it came from or where it was going to, and it's registered to Vee Jay Equipment in Clarkston MI. Googling that name primarily brings up aircraft registration databases with the Falcon listing...

It arrived at JQF around 2:45pm.

I was back out to CLT for a couple of hours Sunday evening. Again, storms to the west caused ATL Center to hold departures. It wasn't as much of a mess as Friday, but it got rough.

The classic CLT shot...

Hawker 800XP - it was arriving from Syracuse, NY, and departed shortly after for Tampa FL. Registered to Aircraft Holding Company One, a charter service based in Elkhart, IN.

United brought a 737-900 today.

In the past week, I've caught three different AC Jazz colors...I think I'm just missing a red one.

Took a ride to the Overview after work Tuesday night - it was still in the upper 80s at 9pm...

[QUOTE=moose135;501520]Took a ride to the Overview after work Tuesday night - it was still in the upper 80s at 9pm...

Love the first shot. I was trying to get shots like that last time I was down in CLT, unfortunately, I had no good batteries for any of my remotes and of course the nearest convenience store is like 20 minutes away. Will prepare better this time.

Gorgeous shots, Moose. I'll have to join you one night for a tutorial on night shooting if you're willing.

Felipe, there's a CVS like 10 minutes from the overview on 160 by 485.
    Adam Sheinhaus

Thanks for the tip, I just looked it up on Google Maps. I don't think I ventured out that way, I was staying at the Double Tree on Yorkmont, just off the Billy Graham Pkwy.

Beautiful!
    The American West Retro is an awesome shot!!

Wonderful pictures as usual guys, especially the night shots!

By the way, I will be in Charlotte this month, I don't know yet if the weekend of the 19th or the weekend of the 26th. Probably from Wednesday to Sunday. I will let you guys know when I have definite days. Also, until what time is the Overview open? Or it never closes?

Cheers!

The overview is open from 8am to 10:30pm - and last night, right at 10:30, CMPD hit the blue lights and got everyone out so he could lock up. I'll be around the weekend of the 19th, not sure yet about the 26th. Give me a shout and I'll try to meet up with you.

Cool pictures and stay safe down there. I hear Arthur has its eyes set on NC.

@xrbm, I should be around both of those weekends. I'll try to meet up with you as well.
    Adam Sheinhaus

Well, I'm going to re-pack my bags and will be hitting the road in the next hour.

Me too! Heading to Atlanta for the weekend - looks like I'm going to miss you again, Felipe.

That's how the game goes. Have fun in ATL!