Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: KCLT - Charlotte/Douglas Airport, On-Going Thread

Re US/AA A-321 N579UW it did make it out of CLT before the weather hit now enroute to LAS as US 705. Everything changed for Fri 5-30 now operating LAS-CLT-SEA-CLT-LAS US 431-1710-643 I won't have updated routing access to around 1300L on Friday will post if anything changes. Got some nice shots of her up here in LGA today she sure is pretty.

LGA777

Went to CLT for some races the past two weekends. Finally getting to editing some of my photos..here are a few from my second trip down. Of course they were on the 36s and not 18s.

Goodyear blimp happened to be passing by in the distance

Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Looks like you ended up with some great shots. Nice meeting you and hope to see you back down south soon!
    Adam Sheinhaus

Thanks Adam. Was great meeting you a few weeks ago. Looking forward to coming back down to CLT when i get some more free time.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

First time out to CLT in a month, what with the road trip to NY and all...

There's more than just airplanes to shoot at the overview.

We got word that two former West jets, N826AW, the Arizona scheme, and N837AW, the Cardinals scheme, would be in and out of CLT, both leaving around 6pm. Sitting at the overview, watching a steady line of regular color US jets depart 18C, I see this, departing 18L.

And then, the next plane out on 18L...

It was like they were taunting me...

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    Great shots Moose! Yesterday I contrail spotted LH428 MUC > CLT from Long Island. I was wondering if she was going to be spotted by you or the LH lady. lol
    -Don B.

Arizona was in and out a couple of times today, and with a little help from a friend, I was able to catch her departing this afternoon.

With the new rules in place allowing CLT to re-open Rwy 23, we get a lot more instances of "Line up and wait" on 18C. Perfect opportunities to work on prop blur with the Dash 8s. At idle power, looks like you need about 1/50th of a second for a full disk. Handheld, at 400mm...

Just an aside, but I hate the "Line up and wait" command. "Taxi into position and hold" is something you do with an airplane. "Line up and wait" is something you do at Wal-Mart... ;-)

It still has that new airplane smell - N293AY, US Airways' newest A330, delivered on May 24.

LH A340 departing this evening.

Had to take a quick run out to the overview - heard from a friend at US that a friend of his was retiring, making his final flight into CLT today. He was shooting rampside, but was hoping someone could catch the landing. Seemed like a good excuse to get out of the office for an hour.

That's a great excuse to get out, and those shots are great Moose!

That's a great chance that you were able to catch a pilot's last commercial flight. Looks like you had some good luck with the sun and clouds.
    That also happens to be my favorite aircraft, ship 273.

Catching up on some shots from last weekend...36C departures on Sunday.

DL doesn't normally bring a 757 to CLT, but I heard we are getting one a day, 4 days a week in June.

N580UW, the newest A321 for US Airways, delivered in AA colors - in service only a couple of days when I caught her.

A340s don't climb - they rely on the curvature of the Earth...

For reasons unknown, we had a gaggle of KC-135s in last week. I managed to catch one before it left. This is a KC-135T, which is the designation of the re-engined KC-135Q, which had a modified fuel system and was used to refuel the SR-71.

Went out to the Overview after work Friday, and got there just before it started raining. Departures were a mess because of storms, and for a while nothing could move - there were jets lined up waiting to depart, others lined up waiting for room on the ramp to get to their gates, airplanes shutting down, others returning for fuel, it wasn't pretty.

They sent LH down Rwy 23 to get to the active, but there was a gaggle of RJs waiting to get onto the ramp, and LH ended up back-taxiing down 18C to get around them.

It takes more than a rain storm to keep the Lufthansa Lady away...

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    It takes more than a rain storm to keep the Lufthansa Lady away...
    That's dedication! Nice shots!