Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If You Could Bring Back an Airline and an Aircraft...?

Skybus!
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Laker and their DC-10's
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

Im going to have to say Northwest for an airline just because i think we'd see less Delta birds in the air. As for which aircraft....even though i love the 727, im gonna cast another vote for the L-1011.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Eastern / L-1011
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Eastern L-1011

Excellent question. Of course, I would bring back Concorde; second choice Tristars (L10), 3rd choice DC10s/MD11s. US airline, I suppose Pan Am, then TWA, then Braniff.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1 View Post
    Excellent question. Of course, I would bring back Concorde; second choice Tristars (L10), 3rd choice DC10s/MD11s.
    ^ +1

I would've loved to see KingFisher doing better & to've taken delivery of these:

The Original National and their great fleet of DC-10's. Second choice Eastern and their L-1011's in the original white fuselage scheme. BTW Great thread Phil !

727s, white top Eastern,Northeast yellowbird,National sky king,and my old late and lamented ChampionAir, 707s, TWA ,golden globe Starstream, Pan Am blue ball, AA Astojet,Braniff blue ,sky and dark,and Air France in both their original and late scheme,747s Pan Am original scheme circa 1970, TWA ,ditto, Alitalia,SAS longboat, and Seaboard World, DC8s, Braniff Caldor,Eastern hockey stick,United early colors,TransCarribean, and Flying Tiger.VC10,BOAC and Caledonian,IL62 LOT,and CSA OKjet,New York Airways BV107, Twin Otter,Pilgrim, and my old freight dog DC3 N514AC, that bopped in on one warm September night in 1994, that about covers it.
    Last edited by 727C47; 2012-08-24 at 01:38 PM.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

727C47, next time, just save time and say "bring em all back"
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Concorde and the REAL Air Jamaica!

I loved both of them!

For aircraft, I think it's a tie between the L-1011 and 727 for me. I've never seen an L-1011 in person before, but they seem like they'd be quite the sight to see!

And although not an airline, I'd like to bring back Trump's VP-BDJ. I got a chance to see it up close and walk around it once, but I wasn't allowed to take any photos.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    PAA!!

it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Western Airlines B737-247 with the indian head paint job. And my name on the seniority list.

Red face

I would bring back the Flying Tigers Cargo Airline, flyng their DC-8s in their classic silver finish with red/blue stripes! My dad worked for FT @ JFK in the 70's and 80's calculating the plane's weight and balance. As kids, my brother and I were able to fly in the cockpit to Hawaii. It really was an amazing experience and it still baffles me that we were able to do this...those were the days : )