Thread: Location of Cradle of Aviation Museum

Location of Cradle of Aviation Museum

I've been having trouble finding the exact location of the Cradle of Aviation Museum in Garden City. I'd love to visit but without a car I haven't a clue how to get there. None of my Nassau County maps or atlases show this museum at all; instead they show the Long Island Museum of Science and Tecxhnology at this location. Even Google Maps doesn't show the Cradle at 1 Davis Ave but also shows the L.I. Science Museum instead. What is this L.I. Museum of Science and Technology? Is it a separate entity or just a different name for the Cradle?

It is on Museum Row in Garden City. Use Nassau Community College, it is on the west end of the campus on Charles Lindberg Blvd.

Leroy R & Rose W Grumman Imax Dome Theater Lyngbergh Boulevard, Garden City, NY
    (516) 572-4111

You would have to go by bus there is no train service in that area.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

I believe the LI Museum of Science and Technology (LIMSAT) is housed in the Cradle. It is a "work in progress" without much to see right now, as I recall, but if you follow directions there, it should get you to the right place. As Fred said, the Cradle is on Museum Row, along with the LI Children's Museum and the Nassau County Firefighter's Museum - which is actually in the Cradle's building, but charges a separate admission.