Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: LGA Kids Day - September 15, 2012

Today was a lot of FUN for my daughter and I and was nice seeing some of you their. I would like to give two praises. First to Chuck Eason of the AA Tower. Chuck is the reason we had a KC-135 today, a KC-10 last year and most of the Military aircraft for past Kids Days. He has some serious contacts in all branches of the Military and spends countless hours of his own time arranging things every year. In addition he also coordinates AA's display aircraft and two years in a row managed to snag one of AA newest 737-823's. Last year N870NN was only a few weeks old, this year only slightly older N895NN made its first flight on June 6, 2012 and was delivered to AA on July 3, 2012 and currently only has 252 cycles on her. Although AA's is not my favorite scheme of all time their is something about being close up to an AA Boeing when they are that new, really nice. So thank you Chuck, next year is going to be pretty hard to top the KC-10 and now KC-135. My second praise to my daughter who will be six on the 26th. While she really seems to Love airplanes she also understands how much I enjoy them to. Today we got in line at 1120 AM and left the parking lot after the KC-135 and C-47 departed around 1700. She never once said Daddy lets go Daddy I'm tired she just stayed with me Happy and Cheerful ALL DAY and didn't complain about anything once. I am so blessed and Lucky !!! Cheers LGA777
    Last edited by LGA777; 2012-09-15 at 08:52 PM.

Ron, so happy the day went well for you. Your beautiful daughter looked liek she was having a ball...should mt 5yo nephew become single again...I may have to introduce the two!

Was a good Kids Day. Was a treat seeing the KC-135, the first non-regional 4-engine jet at LGA since 1968. There were not as many other aircraft there, but the presentations were nice. Rock climbing wall and the typical layouts from the DOC, PAPD and NYPD mounted and aviation units. I had a great time.

Did you know that the NYPD Bell helicopters such as N412PD and N414PD are not just two helicopters? The two registrations have been attached to several Bell's that just get re-registered. When N412PD crash-landed at Floyd Bennett a couple years ago..it was only a few months old and not the N412PD that I knew of for years and years. I don't know if that was common knowledge but I didn't know. Glad that, though the 3 officers on that chopper were injured, that they lived thanks to the flotation devices.

Great to see everyone out there!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Moose, Fred, Manny and other's...........you guys were missed! I met up with Kaz, unfortunately the light wasn't that great, but as Moose would say "who's cares about the light, it's a KC-135 landing at LGA"!

On short final for 31 at LGA, she arrived around 9:15am according to my clock.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    I had an absolutely wonderful time there today. It was great to meet Phil, Ron, and a bunch of others. Always nice to be able to match some names and faces to the handles. The KC-135 was amazing, and the crew was very professional and knowledgable. The practically brand-new 737-800 was another highlight, and I thought the AA crew was super friendly. And the views! Despite an hour and a half wait to see the 737 (the one thing that seriously needed improvement I thought), I was rarely bored with the constant departures. Add in some amazing weather with blue skies and just enough clouds to give some background depth and I'd say it was a great day.

Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Kudos to the Kiwanis Club; I stayed til closing. Had a wonderful time with all my friends. I was surprised that they had the patience to wait on the long line to enter the AAL B738; well worth the wait. Delta gave a great box of munchies on the way out; I munched on the long train ride home. The blue sky was a bonus. I was curious why several members were absent. I guess they attended the memorabilia show. The LGA team did a great job of using Rwy 31 all afternoon for both arrivals and departures with minimal delays. This is the first Kids Day sadly where I noticed the old Tower was gone; I guess it had to go. Great time had by all; wish JFK held a similar party; maybe one day!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    Rock climbing wall and the typical layouts from the DOC, PAPD and NYPD mounted and aviation units.
    Pretty cool they brought one of their AirSea Rescue Bell 412s!! Would have been nice if the "unmarked" B412 was there but thats top secret!! LOL!!
    BTW Phil did you know that the PAPD disbanded their aviation unit a few years ago? Basically it was reported they were flying as an executive transport more than as a LE ship and was deemed a waste of money!! Too bad, they had cool looking S-76s!!
    Great weather and great pictures guys!!

I did not know that either... I see I'm behind on the local rotor news! Makes sense about PAPD, I almost forgot about them.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

great shots you guys, its a shame i didnt make it out this time. going through alot of crap. Next year ill sure be there. hopefully they bring back the KC-135 again
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Great shots of the departures from Rwy 31 from Kids Day. I saw those flights but my crappy point-and-shoot was too slow. It was a great time. Where else can we walk around an airport for a few hours, board actual aircraft, sit in the captain's seat, chat with him, get to sit in passenger seats and get a goody bag and beverages to boot. I am still walking around on a "high".

Here are some of my shots from the day. Couldnt have asked for a better day!!

Complete with a friendly wave from the pilot. Enjoy all!

-Matt
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

Finally finally I got around to looking at and process these pics.......here are some of mine. Enjoy!

Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet